Financial support for your studies
RREF Funding available
Generously supported by alumni and corporate donors to RREF, bursaries and scholarships are open for applications from Undergraduate and Postgraduate students studying at the School of Real Estate & Planning at the University of Reading.
If you are an offer holder or a current student at the School of Real Estate & Planning you can apply for the funding below. Please read the information and guidance notes and complete and return the relevant application form.
RREF Bursary Fund 2016/17
Supports real estate and planning students who will not be able to study on the course without financial support. These bursaries offer up to £10,000 for incoming MSc students, and up to £15,000 for incoming BSc students. This funding comes from a number of named bursaries.
All funding has been awarded for the academic year 2016/17.
RREF African Scholarship 2016/17
Designed to support one international student (African) studying a real estate and planning MSc course. This is awarded on demonstration of academic excellence combined with financial need and a willingness to act as a RREF Volunteer.
This fund has been awarded for the academic year 2016/17.
RREF UPP Accommodation Bursary 2016/17
We are still accepting applications to the RREF UPP Accommodation Bursary from BSc offer holders for the 2016/17 entry.
This accommodation bursary is generously funded by UPP, the University of Reading's accommodation partner and all new BSc real estate and planning offer holders are eligible to apply. Please note applicants must also apply for accomodation through the University of Reading RISIS applicant portal.
RREF Hardship Grants 2016/17
Applications for RREF Hardship grants 2016/17 shall open in October as the start of the academic year.
Supports current real estate and planning students who face unforseen financial difficulty.
RREF Access Summer Bursary 2015/16
Supports students who face financial difficulty when taking on placements outside of term time in 2015/16.
This fund has now been awarded for the academic year 2015/16
RREF Travel Bursary 2016/17
Financially supports Undergraduate students who are studying abroad as part of their real estate and planning degree.
This fund has now been awarded for the academic year 2016/17
A number of sponsored prizes are awarded to real estate and planning students during the course and at graduation.
- JLL Prize for Valuation for a Part 2 student - £500 plus a paid summer internship
- Savills Prize for Part 1 Teamwork - £2000 prize divided between two groups
- Lateral Property Group Prize for a Part 2 student - £600 plus a paid summer internship
- John Tranter Memorial Award for RREF Mentee of the Year - £250 as nominated by their Mentor, and a VIP ticket to the RREF Annual Dinner
- RREF Student Volunteer Prize- £250
- RREF MSc Flexible Prize for the Highest Average Mark - £250
- The Clayton prize for the Most Improved Student between Part 2 & Part 3 - £250
- Hines UK Prize for the Highest Mean mark over all three years on BSc Real Estate & Planning Programmes - £200
For further information about the funding offered by RREF for 2016/17 or future academic years please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 118 378 4192.