Graduation at Greenlands
For qualification programmes based at our Greenlands campus, Henley-on-Thames
Important Notice about Greenlands Graduation Ceremonies 2020
We have taken the very difficult decision to cancel our graduation ceremonies at Greenlands in September 2020. This is a celebratory event of huge importance to the Henley community and it is a decision that was not taken lightly. However, we feel it is better to make this decision now and provide those affected with certainty, particularly given the travel and other arrangements that you would have to take.
In common with the rest of the University, you will still formally graduate in September 2020 and arrangements will be made for your degree certificate to be posted to you, so that your decisions about your future will be unaffected. Because celebrating at Greenlands is important to us all we will be working to allow you to attend and process at a ceremony during the September 2021 Graduation event. We are still working on details of this but will be in touch as plans develop.
The Graduation Team will be in contact in September to explain how and when your degree certificate will be sent to you. If you have any questions or comments in the meantime please contact email@example.com.
John Board - Dean of Henley Business School.
Class of 2020 - Virtual Celebrations
Please see below a set of key dates for formal graduation in September 2020:
|Final results submitted to Exams Office||Friday 31 July 2020|
|Pay any outstanding tuition fee debts||Friday 28 August 2020|
|Submit PDF copy of your finalised thesis
(PhD/DBA students only) ||By 12 noon Friday 11 September 2020|
Eligibility for Graduation
Programme members who have successfully completed an MBA, MSc, DBA or PhD, or who have received a PGDip or PGCert as a final award at Henley Business School's Greenlands campus, are awarded their degrees in a graduation ceremony held at our Greenlands campus in Henley-on-Thames.
Further information for Henley Business School students based at our Whiteknights campus can be found on the Graduation Office's website.
Invitations and Registration
Registration emails will be sent out in September to all programme members who are due to formally graduate. If you think you are due to graduate and you have not received an invitation email by Monday 28 September, please contact the Graduation Office as soon as possible by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not be able to register for graduation on the Portal until you have received your invitation.
On the Day
Each graduand can request two guest tickets if they register before the deadline. Extra tickets, if available, are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis on the day and are released up to 90 minutes before each ceremony. Guests without tickets can watch from the nearby video relay room (see the Graduation Map of Greenlands campus).
- View our Tickets page for detailed information.
- View the Greenlands Graduation Ceremonies online for guests who cannot travel to Henley Greenlands campus (please note this is video link is available on the degree day only and is shown live).
- Graduands should arrive 90 minutes before the start of their ceremony.
- On arrival you need to make your way past the large marquee on the front lawn to the graduand entrance of the main house and follow signs to the ticket desk to collect any allocated guest tickets
- Once you have collected tickets you will need to collect your robes from the graduand robing room (see the Graduation Map).
- You can then join your guests and fellow graduands in the pre-ceremony catering marquee for refreshments.
- You must be in the Processions Room 45 minutes before the start of your ceremony to register. If you do not arrive in the Procession Room by this time you risk not being allowed to graduate in your ceremony.
- On arrival you need to make your way past the large marquee on the front lawn to the pre-ceremony catering marquee while the graduands collect their tickets and robes (see the Graduation Map).
- Guests should make their way to the ceremony marquee 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony to be seated.
- Guests without tickets for the marquee are invited go to the video relay room to watch the ceremony live on a big screen.
Each ceremony lasts approximately 40-50 minutes. Guests should stay in their seats throughout the ceremony. Video recording is not permitted, however a DVD of the ceremony will be available to purchase on the day.
Guests with disabilities or mobility difficulties
We can reserve seats (or spaces for wheelchair users) in the marquee for guests with disabilities or mobility difficulties. Graduands should email email@example.com by Friday 28 August for further information.
What to wear
Graduation is a formal occasion, so you should wear smart clothing beneath your gown; no jeans or trainers. It is useful to wear something such as a shirt or blouse with buttons which will make it easier to attach the hood to your clothing. If a shirt is worn then this should also be accompanied by a tie. Smart but comfortable shoes are important.
Appropriate military dress or the national dress of your country is also allowed to be worn underneath your gown.
Please leave handbags, mobile phones, etc. with your guests. You will not be able to carry them with you in your ceremony.
Please be aware, we reserve the right to prevent you from joining your procession and graduating on the day if you are not dressed appropriately in the correct academic dress. You would, in that case, graduate in absence.
The 800 and 850 buses run between High Wycombe and Reading, stopping just outside Greenlands on a regular basis. Please visit the ArrivaBus website for further information.
If you arrive by car there is car parking available on the Meadow and you will be directed to a space by car parking attendants.
Taxis to airports, Henley or Reading stations can be booked at the Henley Business School Reception.
Food and drink
Refreshments will be available before the ceremony for graduands and their guests in the catering marquee. After the ceremony a light finger buffet will be served (sandwiches, cakes etc.) in the Heyworth Room. There is no charge for food and refreshments. Wine and champagne will be available to purchase by the glass.
There are souvenirs and merchandise available to purchase on the day from retailers stalls around the campus and on online before graduation:
- Photography is supplied by Ede and Ravenscroft. Studio photography is available in River House and ceremony photography from the Garden Common Room.
- DVDs/USBs are supplied by Visions Unlimited, from their stall on the main lawn next to the Ceremony Marquee
- Official Henley Business School merchandise from the HBS shop in River House
- Celebratory bouquets of flowers from Sonning Flowers, from their stall on the main lawn next to the Ceremony Marquee