Graduation at Greenlands
For qualification programmes based at our Greenlands campus, Henley-on-Thames
The next set of Greenlands graduation ceremonies will be held on Friday 18th September 2020.
The Ceremony Schedule for 2020 will be made available in early May.
The Essential Information Booklet 2020 will be made available by the end of May.
Please see below a set of key dates for graduation in September 2020.
|Final results with Exams Office by||Friday 31 July 2020|
|Formal Graduation Invitations emailed out||week commencing Monday 10 August 2020|
|Register to graduate by||Friday 28 August 2020|
|Pay any outstanding debts||Friday 28 August 2020|
|Deadline to notify us of any disability|
or mobility difficulties
|ASAP but no later than Friday 28 August 2020|
|Order academic dress||Friday 28 August 2020|
| Submit copies of your hard- bound thesis |
(PhD/DBA students only)
|By 12 noon Friday 11 September 2020|
Eligibility for Graduation
Programme members who have successfully completed an MBA, MSc, DBA or PhD, or who have received a PGDip or PGCert as a final award at Henley Business School's Greenlands campus, are awarded their degrees in a graduation ceremony held at our Greenlands campus in Henley-on-Thames.
Further information for Henley Business School students based at our Whiteknights campus can be found on the Graduation Office's website.
Invitations and Registration
Email invitations will be sent out in early to mid-August to all programme members who are due to graduate. If you think you are due to graduate and you have not received an invitation email by Monday 17 August, please contact the Graduation Office as soon as possible by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not be able to register for graduation on the Portal until you have received your invitation.
On the Day
Each graduand can request two guest tickets if they register before the deadline. Extra tickets, if available, are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis on the day and are released up to 90 minutes before each ceremony. Guests without tickets can watch from the nearby video relay room (see the Graduation Map of Greenlands campus).
- View our Tickets page for detailed information.
- View the Greenlands Graduation Ceremonies online for guests who cannot travel to Henley Greenlands campus (please note this is video link is available on the degree day only and is shown live).
- Graduands should arrive 90 minutes before the start of their ceremony.
- On arrival you need to make your way past the large marquee on the front lawn to the graduand entrance of the main house and follow signs to the ticket desk to collect any allocated guest tickets
- Once you have collected tickets you will need to collect your robes from the graduand robing room (see the Graduation Map).
- You can then join your guests and fellow graduands in the pre-ceremony catering marquee for refreshments.
- You must be in the Processions Room 45 minutes before the start of your ceremony to register. If you do not arrive in the Procession Room by this time you risk not being allowed to graduate in your ceremony.
- On arrival you need to make your way past the large marquee on the front lawn to the pre-ceremony catering marquee while the graduands collect their tickets and robes (see the Graduation Map).
- Guests should make their way to the ceremony marquee 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony to be seated.
- Guests without tickets for the marquee are invited go to the video relay room to watch the ceremony live on a big screen.
Each ceremony lasts approximately 40-50 minutes. Guests should stay in their seats throughout the ceremony. Video recording is not permitted, however a DVD of the ceremony will be available to purchase on the day.
Guests with disabilities or mobility difficulties
We can reserve seats (or spaces for wheelchair users) in the marquee for guests with disabilities or mobility difficulties. Graduands should email email@example.com by Friday 28 August for further information.
What to wear
Graduation is a formal occasion, so you should wear smart clothing beneath your gown; no jeans or trainers. It is useful to wear something such as a shirt or blouse with buttons which will make it easier to attach the hood to your clothing. If a shirt is worn then this should also be accompanied by a tie. Smart but comfortable shoes are important.
Appropriate military dress or the national dress of your country is also allowed to be worn underneath your gown.
Please leave handbags, mobile phones, etc. with your guests. You will not be able to carry them with you in your ceremony.
Please be aware, we reserve the right to prevent you from joining your procession and graduating on the day if you are not dressed appropriately in the correct academic dress. You would, in that case, graduate in absence.
The 800 and 850 buses run between High Wycombe and Reading, stopping just outside Greenlands on a regular basis. Please visit the ArrivaBus website for further information.
If you arrive by car there is car parking available on the Meadow and you will be directed to a space by car parking attendants.
Taxis to airports, Henley or Reading stations can be booked at the Henley Business School Reception.
Food and drink
Refreshments will be available before the ceremony for graduands and their guests in the catering marquee. After the ceremony a light finger buffet will be served (sandwiches, cakes etc.) in the Heyworth Room. There is no charge for food and refreshments. Wine and champagne will be available to purchase by the glass.
There are souvenirs and merchandise available to purchase on the day from retailers stalls around the campus and on online before graduation:
- Photography is supplied by Ede and Ravenscroft. Studio photography is available in River House and ceremony photography from the Garden Common Room.
- DVDs/USBs are supplied by Visions Unlimited, from their stall on the main lawn next to the Ceremony Marquee
- Official Henley Business School merchandise from the HBS shop in River House
- Celebratory bouquets of flowers from Sonning Flowers, from their stall on the main lawn next to the Ceremony Marquee