Graduation at Greenlands
For qualification programmes based at our Greenlands campus, Henley-on-Thames
Graduation will be held on Friday 22 September 2017.
The ceremony schedule for 2017 can be viewed here.
The registration guidelines can be viewed here.
The Essential Information Booklet 2017 can be viewed here.
Please see below a set of key dates for graduation in September 2017.
|Email invitation||Early-mid August 2017|
|Final results with exams||Friday 4 August 2017|
|Register to graduate||Friday 1 September 2017|
|Pay any outstanding debts||Friday 11 August 2017|
|Disability or mobility difficulties deadline||ASAP but no later than Friday 18 August 2017|
|Order academic dress||Friday 25 August 2017|
|Submit copies of your hard- bound thesis||Friday 15 September 2017 by 4pm 2017|
Eligibility for Graduation
Programme members who have successfully completed an MBA, MSc, DBA or PhD, or who have received a PGDip or PGCert as a final award at Henley Business School's Greenlands campus, are awarded their degrees in a graduation ceremony held at our Greenlands campus in Henley-on-Thames.
Further information for Henley Business School students based at our Whiteknights campus can be found on the Graduation Office's website.
Invitations and Registration
Email invitations will be sent out in early-August to all programme members who are due to graduate. If you think you are due to graduate and you have not received an invitation email by Friday 11 August, please contact the Graduation Office as soon as possible by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not be able to register for graduation on the portal until you have received your invitation.
Once you have received your invitation you should register via the RISISweb portal.
- View our Ceremony registration page for further information, including how to access your RISISweb portal.
On the Day
Each graduand can request two guest tickets if they register before the deadline. Extra tickets, if available, are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Guests without tickets can watch from the nearby video relay (see the Graduation Map of Greenlands campus).
- View our Tickets page for detailed information.
- View the Greenlands Graduation Ceremonies online for guests who cannot travel to Henley Greenlands campus (please note this is available on the degree day only).
- Graduands should arrive 90 minutes before the start of their ceremony.
- On arrival you need to make your way past the large marquee on the front lawn to the Graduand entrance and follow signs to the student robing room (see the Graduation Map).
- Once robed, you will need to follow signs to the ticket desk to collect any allocated guest tickets.
- You can join your guests and fellow graduands in the pre-ceremony catering marquee for refreshments.
- You must be in the Processions Room 30 minutes before the start of your ceremony to register.
- On arrival you need to make your way past the large marquee on the front lawn to the pre-ceremony catering marquee while the graduands collect their robes (see the Graduation Map).
- Guests should make their way to the ceremony marquee 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony to be seated.
- Guests without tickets for the marquee are invited go to the video relay room to watch the ceremony live on a big screen.
Each ceremony lasts approximately 45-50 minutes. Guests should stay in their seats throughout the ceremony. Video recording is not permitted, however a DVD of the ceremony will be available to purchase.
Guests with disabilities or mobility difficulties
We can reserve seats (or spaces for wheelchair users) in the marquee for guests with disabilities or mobility difficulties. Graduands should email email@example.com by Friday 18 August for further information.
What to wear
Graduation is a formal occasion, so you should wear smart clothing beneath your gown. It is useful to wear something such as a shirt or blouse with buttons which will make it easier to attach the hood to your clothing. Men should wear a tie.
The 800 and 850 buses go between High Wycombe and Reading, stopping at Greenlands on a regular basis. Please visit the ArrivaBus website for further information.
If you arrive by car there is car parking available on the meadow and you will be directed to a space by car parking attendants.
Taxis to airports, Henley or Reading stations can be booked at Reception.
Food and drink
Refreshments will be available before the ceremony for graduands and their guests in the catering marquee. After the ceremony a light finger buffet will be served (sandwiches, cakes etc.) in the Heyworth Room. There is no charge for food and refreshments. Wine and champagne will be available to purchase by the glass.
There are souvenirs and merchandise available to purchase on the day in River House and on online before graduation: