Graduation at Greenlands
For qualification programmes based at our Greenlands campus, Henley-on-Thames
Graduation will be held on Friday 21st September 2018
Please see below a set of key dates for graduation in September 2018.
|Email invitation||Late July 2018|
|Final results with exams||Friday 3 August 2018|
|Register to graduate||Friday 17 August 2018|
|Pay any outstanding debts||Friday 17 August 2018|
|Disability or mobility difficulties deadline||ASAP but no later than Friday 17 August 2018|
|Order academic dress||Friday 24 August 2018|
| Submit copies of your hard- bound thesis |
(PhD/DBA students only)
|By 12noon Friday 14 September 2018|
Eligibility for Graduation
Programme members who have successfully completed an MBA, MSc, DBA or PhD, or who have received a PGDip or PGCert as a final award at Henley Business School's Greenlands campus, are awarded their degrees in a graduation ceremony held at our Greenlands campus in Henley-on-Thames.
Further information for Henley Business School students based at our Whiteknights campus can be found on the Graduation Office's website.
Invitations and Registration
Email invitations will be sent out in late-July to all programme members who are due to graduate. If you think you are due to graduate and you have not received an invitation email by Monday 6 August, please contact the Graduation Office as soon as possible by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not be able to register for graduation on the Portal until you have received your invitation.
On the Day
Each graduand can request two guest tickets if they register before the deadline. Extra tickets, if available, are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis on the day and are released up to 90 minutes before each ceremony. Guests without tickets can watch from the nearby video relay room (see the Graduation Map of Greenlands campus).
- View our Tickets page for detailed information.
- View the Greenlands Graduation Ceremonies online for guests who cannot travel to Henley Greenlands campus (please note this is video link is available on the degree day only and is shown live).
- Graduands should arrive 90 minutes before the start of their ceremony.
- On arrival you need to make your way past the large marquee on the front lawn to the graduand entrance of the main house and follow signs to the ticket desk to collect any allocated guest tickets
- Once you have collected tickets you will need to collect your robes from the graduand robing room (see the Graduation Map).
- You can then join your guests and fellow graduands in the pre-ceremony catering marquee for refreshments.
- You must be in the Processions Room 45-30 minutes before the start of your ceremony to register. If you do not arrive in the Procession Room by this time you risk not being allowed to graduate in your ceremony.
- On arrival you need to make your way past the large marquee on the front lawn to the pre-ceremony catering marquee while the graduands collect their tickets and robes (see the Graduation Map).
- Guests should make their way to the ceremony marquee 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony to be seated.
- Guests without tickets for the marquee are invited go to the video relay room to watch the ceremony live on a big screen.
Each ceremony lasts approximately 45-50 minutes. Guests should stay in their seats throughout the ceremony. Video recording is not permitted, however a DVD of the ceremony will be available to purchase on the day.
Guests with disabilities or mobility difficulties
We can reserve seats (or spaces for wheelchair users) in the marquee for guests with disabilities or mobility difficulties. Graduands should email email@example.com by Friday 17 August for further information.
What to wear
Graduation is a formal occasion, so you should wear smart clothing beneath your gown; no jeans or trainers. It is useful to wear something such as a shirt or blouse with buttons which will make it easier to attach the hood to your clothing. Men should wear a tie. Smart but comfortable shoes are important.
Appropriate military dress or the national dress of your country is also allowed to be worn underneath your gown.
Please leave handbags, mobile phones, etc. with your guests. You will not be able to carry them with you in your ceremony.
Please be aware, we reserve the right to prevent you from joining your procession and graduating on the day if you are not dressed appropriately in the correct academic dress. You would, in that case, graduate in absence.
The 800 and 850 buses run between High Wycombe and Reading, stopping just outside Greenlands on a regular basis. Please visit the ArrivaBus website for further information.
If you arrive by car there is car parking available on the Meadow and you will be directed to a space by car parking attendants.
Taxis to airports, Henley or Reading stations can be booked at the Henley Business School Reception.
Food and drink
Refreshments will be available before the ceremony for graduands and their guests in the catering marquee. After the ceremony a light finger buffet will be served (sandwiches, cakes etc.) in the Heyworth Room. There is no charge for food and refreshments. Wine and champagne will be available to purchase by the glass.
There are souvenirs and merchandise available to purchase on the day in River House and on online before graduation:
- Photography is supplied by Ede and Ravenscroft
- DVDs are supplied by Visions Unlimited
- Official Henley Business School merchandise from the HBS shop.