Graduation - Certificates


Attending the ceremony

If you attend your graduation ceremony your certificate will be handed to you during the ceremony, after you walk across the stage and descend from the steps before returning to your seat.

If once you have received your certificate you have any queries please email us at

Graduating in absence

If you register to graduate in absence via the RISIS portal, you will be asked to confirm your delivery address. We will send your certificate to this confirmed address in the weeks following graduation (unless you have informed us of an alternative arrangement prior to the ceremonies, or are a member of selected International Partner offices).

Please note if your address is not confirmed or is incomplete your certificate will not be posted. We keep any un-posted certificates on file for 12 months following the relevant ceremony before securely destroying them. If do not provide us with a delivery address within these 12 months you may be liable for a replacement certificate charge upon requesting your certificate.

Deferring your graduation

If you opted to defer your graduation you will not receive your certificate until you have officially graduated at a future ceremony. If you are unsure whether you opted to graduate in absence or defer please view your confirmation screens on your RISIS Portal or contact us.

Replacement Certificates

Replacement degree certificates (post-1997)

If you have lost or damaged your degree certificate, we can issue a replacement for a cost of £40.

Please print and complete the replacement degree certificate form and email it to Alternatively, you can post the form to us at the following address: Graduation Office, University of Reading, PO Box 217, Reading, RG6 6AH.

Payment is made via the online payment system. Please ensure you both make pay online and send us the completed and signed replacement degree certificate form.

We will endeavour to issue replacement certificates within three weeks of receiving your request form and payment but it can take longer during busy periods of the year, such as close to the London Road and Greenlands graduation ceremonies (July, September and December)

Awards and Degrees before 1997

If you obtained your degree before 1997, you will need to contact Brunel University, as they were the awarding body of your degree at this time. Their email address is:

Academic Transcripts and Statements of Attendance

If you require an academic transcript please contact the Examinations Office at Greenlands.

If you require statement to confirm your attendance at Henley, please contact your Programme Administrator.