Setting up your coaching business
Setting up a coaching business is like setting off on the adventure of a real hero or heroine.
Similar to Joseph Campbell's description of a hero’s journey in The Hero with a Thousand Faces, most of my clients who have started a coaching business report back the following:
- What you think will work, won’t. What you think won’t work, often does.
- You will be set a number of trials, many of which you will fail.
- You will be given too much advice; some of it is good, but a lot of it is simply and absolutely wrong. To make matters worse, the wrong advice is often much more appealing than the good advice.
- You may have to face your greatest fears.
However, when my clients have managed to rise to these challenges they said they found a treasure that may be worth more than gold: financial and geographical freedom, and the realisation that they can genuinely help people more than they’ve ever thought possible.
When I sat down with Henley Business School to design this Masterclass, we were determined to create an environment to help delegates work with me and their colleagues to plan their adventure, and to genuinely address many of the real challenges and opportunities that would present themselves.
Many of the questions that you will be asked to work through during the Masterclasses are genuinely difficult to answer; however, even partial answers will make your journey more fun and significantly more effective.
- You are your greatest asset – how will you develop the mental, physical and emotional resilience for your adventure?
- What would you do if your business failed?
- How do you market and sell your service?
Explore your answers to these questions and more with me and your fellow travellers in two complementary Masterclasses: Setting up and Managing Your Coaching Business on 14 September 2017 and Branding and Marketing Your Coaching Business on 22 November 2017.
Michael Beale is a Richard Bandler NLP trainer, coach trainer and Marshall Goldsmith leadership and team coach, who works with clients worldwide. He has been successfully running his business for 14 years. You can read more about Michael on: linkedin.com/in/beale/