Visiting Greenlands COVID-19 safety information
This page provides information about what to expect when you attend a programme in-person at Henley Business School’s Greenlands campus.
The safety of our staff and student community and our ability to continue our teaching, research and other services remain paramount. Even though the legal restrictions are changing, the government’s Living with COVID guidance still recommends that we all take simple steps to prevent the spread of COVID. As such, we will be retaining certain control measures across our venue to help give you confidence during your visit and to help to protect your health and safety.
If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19 (on either a rapid lateral flow test or PCR test) you must not attend the campus.
To help to keep you and others safe during your time with us here at Henley, we have the following measures in place.
- We continue to encourage the wearing of face coverings when in crowded places or when moving around inside buildings, in line with the Living with COVID guidance.
- For areas with natural ventilation, the windows and doors will remain open enabling a continual supply of fresh air, and areas with mechanical ventilation systems will be set to a constant level ensuring the correct circulation of external air is maintained.
- A deep clean of key areas and high touchpoint surfaces takes place throughout the day.
- Antibacterial hand gel and sanitising stations remain in place throughout our venue.
- Staff continue to wear face coverings along with PPE where necessary.
- Perspex screens remain in place at some key areas such as reception, the bar and servery counters.
- Our reception team clean and sanitise the desk on a regular basis and between shifts.
- We are a cashless environment so will only take card payments.
- The card machine is sanitised regularly by the front of house team.
- Key cards and access passes are sanitised before and after use.
Rapid lateral flow tests
Before visiting Greenlands, if you have access to LFTs, you may wish to take a test, preferably on the day of, or the day before your visit.
To ensure the safety of our delegates, tutors and staff, our room capacities have changed based on ventilation (see above).
• Individual groups have registration tables in specific areas.
• Stationery is provided on request.
• Water is provided in individual bottles for each delegate.
• Deep cleaning takes place in meeting rooms between groups and on a nightly basis, including on all hard and high-touch surfaces including tables, chairs, AV equipment, flip charts and markers.
• Hand sanitising gel is provided in each of our conference rooms.
Our food and drink offerings have enhanced measures in place, allowing students and visitors to enjoy the full Henley dining experience. Please visit Venue Henley for more information.
All our teams are provided with the appropriate products, protective equipment and support to ensure that every guest receives the highest standard of customer service. Please visit Venue Henley for more information.
Further information can be found on the Essentials pages of the University of Reading’s website. These pages set out the latest University and government advice, as well as details of the COVID-secure measures being implemented. While the some of the detail of the responses may not be relevant to you, a consistent approach is being adopted across all University of Reading campuses, including Greenlands.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if changes in guidance affect my programme?
Any changes that impact the arrangements for your programme will be notified to you by email.
What if I have signed up to a programme and can no longer attend prior to it commencing?
Please contact the relevant member of staff, such as a programme administrator or your account manager, as soon as possible to discuss your options.
What if I have symptoms or a positive test?
You must not travel to campus if you have symptoms of coronavirus or a positive test. You should follow government guidance.
What should I do if I feel unwell whilst at Henley?
If you start to feel unwell with the main symptoms of COVID-19, please inform your programme administrator straightaway (or the Reception desk out of core hours). If you are in a teaching room or one of the wider social settings, you should leave immediately. If you are in your accommodation, you should not attend class or any other part of the Greenlands campus. You should arrange to take a PCR test, and you can use the NHS 111 coronavirus service for advice. You can find the most recent government guidance here.
Are there any specific arrangements for my programme?
Detailed joining instructions will be sent before the start of your programme giving arrangements for arrival and dining.
Please direct your query to the relevant department:
During a programme or after receiving joining instructions – Please contact your programme administrator as detailed in our correspondence
Hotel services/accommodation and dining – email@example.com
Prior to booking a programme – firstname.lastname@example.org
Library visiting queries – email@example.com