Visiting Greenlands COVID-19 safety information
This page provides information about what to expect when you attend a programme in-person at Henley Business School’s Greenlands campus. We are continuing to work with some COVID-19 measures across our venue to help give you confidence during your visit and to help to protect your health and safety. This information is revised in line with government guidance and may be subject to change before your visit.
To help to keep you and others safe during your time with us here at Henley, we have the following measures in place.
- Face coverings will be expected in all indoor spaces (including teaching rooms and the library), both when moving around and where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- For areas with natural ventilation, the windows and doors will remain open enabling a continual supply of fresh air, and areas with mechanical ventilation systems will be set to a constant level ensuring the correct circulation of external air is maintained.
- Clear signage and floor markings will remain in place within some locations across our venue.
- One-way systems continue to be signposted throughout specific areas.
- QR codes are no longer mandatory; however, we will keep them in place across our venue and encourage them to be used as per the government guidance.
- A full clean of key areas and high touchpoint surfaces takes place throughout the day.
- Antibacterial hand gel and sanitising stations remain in place throughout our venue.
- Staff continue to wear face coverings along with PPE where necessary.
- Perspex screens remain in place at key areas such as reception, the bar and servery counters.
- Our reception team clean and sanitise the desk on a regular basis and between shifts.
- We are a cashless environment so will only take card payments.
- The card machine is sanitised regularly by the front of house team.
Key cards and access passes are sanitised before and after use.
If you are self-isolating, in a period of quarantine after travelling to England from overseas or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 you must not attend the campus.
To ensure the safety of our delegates, tutors and staff, our room capacities have changed based on ventilation.
For areas with natural ventilation, the windows and doors will remain open enabling a continual supply of fresh air, and areas with mechanical ventilation systems will be set to a constant level ensuring the correct circulation of external air is maintained.
• Individual groups have registration tables in specific areas.
• Stationery is provided on request.
• Water is provided in individual bottles for each delegate.
• Deep cleaning takes place in meeting rooms between groups and on a nightly basis, including on all hard and high-touch surfaces including tables, chairs, AV equipment, flip charts and markers.
• Hand sanitising gel is provided in each of our conference rooms.
Our food and drink offerings have enhanced measures in place, allowing students and visitors to enjoy the full Henley dining experience. Please visit Venue Henley for more information.
All our teams are provided with the appropriate products, protective equipment and support to ensure that every guest receives the highest standard of customer service. Please visit Venue Henley for more information.
Rapid lateral flow tests
Before visiting Greenlands you are encouraged to take a rapid lateral flow test, preferably on the day of, or the day before your visit. You are then encouraged to undertake regular tests when on campus. You can arrange this in a number of ways including ordering a home test kit or visiting a local rapid flow test site. You can also collect lateral flow tests from Reception.
Further information can be found on the Essentials pages of the University of Reading’s website. These pages set out the latest University and government advice, as well as details of the COVID-secure measures being implemented. While the some of the detail of the responses may not be relevant to you, a consistent approach is being adopted across all University of Reading campuses, including Greenlands.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if changes in guidance affect my programme?
Any changes that impact the arrangements for your programme will be notified to you by email.
What if I have signed up to a programme and can no longer attend prior to it commencing?
Please contact the relevant member of staff, such as a programme administrator or your account manager, as soon as possible to discuss your options.
What if I have symptoms or a positive test?
You should stay at home and not travel to campus if you have symptoms of coronavirus or a positive test and follow government guidance.
What should I do if I feel unwell whilst at Henley?
If you start to feel unwell with the main symptoms of COVID-19, please inform your programme administrator straightaway (or the Reception desk out of core hours). If you are in a teaching room or one of the wider social settings, you should leave immediately. If you are in your accommodation, you should not attend class or any other part of the Greenlands campus. You should arrange to take a PCR test, and you can use the NHS 111 coronavirus service for advice. You can find the most recent government guidance here.
Are there any specific arrangements for my programme?
Detailed joining instructions will be sent before the start of your programme giving arrangements for arrival and dining.
Please direct your query to the relevant department:
During a programme or after receiving joining instructions – Please contact your programme administrator as detailed in our correspondence
Hotel services/accommodation and dining – email@example.com
Prior to booking a programme – firstname.lastname@example.org
Library visiting queries – email@example.com