Frequently asked questions
- The Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching is suitable for developing coaches (or experienced coaches without a coaching qualification).
- The MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change enables experienced coaches to deepen their understanding of the psychology behind coaching and coach at an organisational level.
- Also for experienced coaches, the Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching focuses on working with teams to improve performance and deliver organisational change.
Individuals with some formal or informal knowledge and experience of executive coaching, including independent coaches and those wishing to develop coaching skills in an organisational context.
You will typically have:
- A good first degree or an equivalent professional qualification
- A minimum of 5 years' management experience
- Experience of coaching and being coached
- Appropriate English language ability – proficiency testing may be required (IELTS 7.0 or equivalent)
We also welcome applications from candidates with substantial knowledge, experience and skills in a relevant field who do not meet these requirements.
This part-time programme is available in two formats:
Typically lasts 9 months, including face to face workshops and virtual supported study. You can opt for weekday, weekend, or accelerated workshops, delivered mostly at Greenlands but also available in London and at our international campuses. Where face-to-face workshops are not possible due to COVID-19 restrictions, live-online delivery is facilitated.
Typically lasts 9-10 months (in four parts), including 3 x 2-hour live-online sessions per week, mentoring and supervision sessions, and virtual self-led learning.
For all formats you will need to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of coaching practice outside of the workshops and online learning.
In-person intakes welcome a maximum of 18 participants. You wil work in groups/pairs/trios, with a ratio of nine participants per tutor.
Live-online intakes welcome a maximum of 10 participants, helping to ensure a personal and interactive learning experience.
The programme is assessed through:
- A 2,000 word reflective assignment
- A 30 minute recorded coaching session
- Evidence of at least 20 hours’ coaching practice following the programme start date
Yes - the Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching is accredited by the Association for Coaching, the European Mentoring and Coaching Council and the International Coach Federation. All training and coaching hours can be used towards an application for individual accreditation with any of these bodies.
On successful completion of the programme you will also be a Henley-accredited coach.
You can find the application form online.
Once you have submitted your application, it will be processed by our admissions department. If your application is successful, an offer letter will be sent out to you.
You are confirmed on the programme once you have filled in the online acceptance form.
You can continue your study via the following routes:
- MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change – by completing the Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching you will already have completed Module 1 of the MSc. This means you can progress straight to Module 2 for up to 5 years after completing the PCEC.
- Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching – the Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching and Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching can be combined to form the Henley Postgraduate Certificate in Executive and Team Coaching, an ICF Accredited Coach Training Programme.