90 High Holborn,
|Date of event:||15 June 2015|
|Event ends:||15 June 2015|
Leadership of Organisational Change Special Interest Group invited alumni and guests to join them on Monday 15 June for an event exploring new approaches to team development.
On Monday 15 June the Leadership of Organisational Change Special Interest Group welcomed alumni and guests to an event exploring new approaches to team development.
The evening touched on the ideas that team development remains largely reserved for top teams, predominantly focuses on how the team sees itself rather than its impact on others, and is over-reliant on complex psychometric analysis at the expense of more fundamental issues.
Our speakers George Karseras and Graham Oddey instead offered a new approach. One which:
• Improves the commerciality of teams as well as the ‘soft stuff’
• Is based on 44 research based predictors of team success
• Ensures the team leader is more accountable to the team for their leadership impact
• Improves the cross functional working of teams
• Can be used with teams at all levels without reliance on external consulting support
George and Graham’s approach draws on more than thirty years of practical experience of improving team effectiveness and a growing body of research conducted with leading universities and clients.
During a highly interactive evening alumni had the opportunity to:
• Assess the performance of your own teams
• Learn new insights into team functioning from the research and client cases
• Gain experience of analysing and interpreting a team report which provides the guidance leaders need to start making improvements immediately
90 High Holborn,