|Date of event:
||17 February 2015
||19 February 2015
Do you have the potential to be a Business Leader? Develop the skills you need with the Henley Business Leaders programme.
Henley Students - book now for Enhancement Week!
The Business Leaders programme is your opportunity to gain evidence of your leadership potential and your talent to become a successful manager.
Develop skills that can be applied to any field of work and even find new stimuli or ideas for your post-graduate studies.
What you will do:
- Attend a full day of interactive workshops and talks by experts, employers, academics and coaches. You will gain new knowledge and hear advice from the very best.
- Explore topical issues such as diversity and CSR with industry professionals.
- Network with business leaders. You will have the opportunity to gather information and ask questions.
What you will gain:
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team and applying your soft skills. Get a chance to learn how to listen effectively and develop constructive communication.
- Experience of transferring your skills and knowledge. Prove that you can contextualise your understanding and adapt your learning.
- Experience of critical and innovative thinking. Demonstrate that you are a creative thinker and you can approach problems from multiple perspectives.
Tuesday 17th Feb:
- Explore your strengths and understand how to utilise them to become an effective leader with chartered Occupational Psychologist and Managing Director of Strengths Partnership, Paul Brewerton.
- Discuss corporate social responsibility in developing countries with representatives from a multinational company.
- Discover leadership and diversity through international job opportunities with Luisa Dunn, Henley's Employer Relations Manager
- Learn about building your career resilience: the ability to keep going when the going gets tough with Naeema Pasha, Head of Henley Careers
Thursday 19th Feb:
- Explore creative skills within leadership with Scott Williams and Chris Norton from brand consultancy Serious Ideas.
- Discuss diversity and women in leadership with Regina Van Burkleo from Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Learn more about working within a multinational organisation and making the best use of your leadership skills through with Luisa Dunn, Henley's Employer Relations Manager
- Discover and reflect upon your leadership qualities (tbc) with Doug Gray
- Tuesday 17 February 2015
- Thursday 19 February 2015
(All programmes take place at the Whiteknights campus)
Price: FREE for Henley Business School students. University of Reading students from outside the Business School have the option of taking part in the Future Leaders Programme for £25 per day
Spaces are limited, so book now!