An annual programme of innovative leadership development events that can be used flexibly across management teams
Due to COVID-19, all events are currently held live-online
Annual membership fee
Paid per organisation, giving cost-effective access for multiple participants
Leadership development and networking - designed with your organisation, for your people
As a member of The Henley Partnership your organisation will benefit from a programme of innovative events accessible by multiple employees. These practical sessions feature the best business brains and inspiring speakers from our network. Participants also gain from time to reflect and connect, learning from the experiences of other organisations.
The Henley Partnership
- Choose from an annual programme of around 30 standalone events
- Accessible format, either 1-day in person, or 2-hours online
- An opportunity to gain new skills and to challenge thinking, for top-up learning and networking
- Collaborative; member organisations can opt to co-design the programme of events
- Gives multiple participants access to learning.
What areas do we cover?
You tell us what you would like to see on the agenda. Our learning specialists then collaborate with speakers and facilitators to turn these topics into a dynamic programme of events.
Currently the programme is designed around the following themes, identified by members:
- Personal effectiveness
Drawing from Henley faculty and our wider network, we choose speakers who understand our audience and who deliver inspiring, challenging and practical sessions. The programme of events addresses current trends whilst also developing the crucial capabilities that create value and improve business performance.
Individual focus for development impact
Whilst there are many events on offer, each makes an impact as a standalone session. Your organisation’s learning practitioners can create personalised development plans from the programme, selecting the sessions that best meet your employees’ interests and needs.
This flexible approach, ensures employees attend only those sessions that align with their development needs.
During a Henley Partnership event, participants will:
- Work with a series of inspiring speakers, including Henley academics, leadership behaviour specialists and industry leaders
- Use facilitated exercises to embed the theory
- Practise new leadership skills in a safe environment
- Debate topical and challenging business issues
- Network with senior executives from across a range of industry sectors.
The Henley Partnership offers a unique opportunity to gain practical and behavioural skills with minimal time away from work.
Who is The Henley Partnership for?
Participants are senior managers, directors, leaders or high-potential middle-managers from our member companies; they may decide to attend one event or many, depending on their individual requirements.
Our members come from a deliberately diverse range of industry sectors and are generally medium or large organisations.
Participants benefit from:
• New ways of thinking and acting - fresh perspectives, new ideas, best practice and tools to takeaway, with minimum time away from work
• A facilitated forum to debate critical business issues in confidence
• Multiple networking opportunities with new contacts at each event.
Your organisation benefits from:
• A programme of leadership development that can be used flexibly across teams, enabling you to deliver cost-effective learning where it will have the most impact
• The option to co-design events for optimum relevance to the needs of your people
• Ongoing support with launching, promoting and applying The Henley Partnership within your organisation
• Networking with other learning and development professionals during The Henley Partnership planning meetings.
Henley Partnership members also receive a 10% discount on Henley Open Programme fees (including qualification programmes).
Delivery and fees
Currently all events are live-online.
In future, events will be either immersive 1-day in person, or 2-hour online masterclasses.
Annual membership fee
Paid per organisation, £25,000 + VAT; access to places on around 30 events
• For more information download The Henley Partnership brochure
• Talk to the team about membership - request a call or ask us a question at firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Flexible learning that suits business requirements and individual development needs
Our member organisations use the Partnership programme as an integral part of their leadership development process; their people benefit from a choice of practical, inspiring and challenging sessions.
How The Henley Partnership will work for your organisation
- Henley and our 'members' work together to define and develop the events
Member organisations can opt to be part of the design process for the programme of events, via:
- Scheduled face-to-face meetings bringing together representatives at Henley Business School, including annual 'kick-off design' and 'launch' meetings
- Informal calls and emails throughout the year
- 1:1 meeting with the Henley team (ad-hoc).
We draw on speakers and facilitators from both Henley Business School faculty and our wider network. We work with people who understand our audience, and who deliver inspiring, challenging and practical sessions. The programme of events can address current trends whilst also developing the crucial capabilities that create value and improve business performance.
- Launch and promotion
We work with our members to launch and promote the events to their people, such as running facilitated sessions to increase awareness, or presenting the programme of events to a group of potential participants. We offer ongoing support and advice throughout the year.
- Administration and the ‘nominations process’
Places on events are booked via nominations received (online or by email) and usually allocated on a first-come first-served basis. .
During the planning process we discuss the expected size of the participant group for each event. Marketing materials describing session content also show, for each event, a guide number of places available per member company.
The Henley Partnership organises a wide range of events through the year:
Our Member Companies
We ensure The Henley Partnership represents a diverse range of industries; our members value the time to share experience and best practice with peers.
Current member companies:
- Allianz Insurance/Liverpool and Victoria
- glh Hotels
- Great Western Railway
- Hamptons International
- Hertfordshire NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Housing 21
- Invesco UK Knowledge Transfer Network
- LeasePlan UK
- Lloyds Banking Group
- NFU Mutual
- Pernod Ricard
- The Rank Group
- United Molasses Group
- University of Reading
- Virgin Media