Strategic Workforce Planning Masterclass
£875 + VAT
A discount is available if all four one-day Strategic HR masterclasses are booked together - £3,100 + VAT
Businesses talk about strategic workforce planning a lot, but do they know what it actually means and are they really doing it? This workshop sets out the key elements of effective strategic workforce planning and up-skills participants in how to create a step change in the value they add in this space.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Evolve your perspective on this topic and how to approach it effectively
- Identify any differences and gaps versus your current approach
- Understand how to have better discussions with your business customers and support partners
- Be more on the front foot, not acting too late to make a difference
- Have an understanding of the skills and infrastructural enablers that make the difference
- Have the opportunity to practise what you learn
- Understand what is happening in the outside world.
Why should I come to this event? What questions are covered?
- Do you have a reasonable picture of what your business strategy actually means in practice for your people and organisation going forwards?
- Have you identified the critical people and organisational risks to strategy delivery, and are you using these to inform the strategy process itself and align HR people processes and supply chain?
- Are you putting in place pro-active strategies to mitigate these risks, or are you just emailing round spreadsheets which give the illusion of accuracy because they have lots of numbers in?
- How does a phrase like "Strategic Workforce Planning" translate to operational realities like hiring, promoting, retaining, rewarding and developing people? What tools smooth this translation?
- How do you balance a need to be on the front foot with recruitment and development with the reality that the people needs are often not clear, or our businesses objectives are not yet very specific?
- Having a plan is great, but what are the wider things which really make the difference between its success and failure in the real world? How do you integrate and support it?
- Do you and your function have the skills and tools to work with each other in the right way and add value in conversations which provide the context for what our talent, development and recruitment functions actually do?
How is the event run?
There will be challenges and provocations provided, along with some useful and simple ways to look at what you do differently. There will be best practice input in combination with group discussions and some real working sessions on a case study, so that you get the chance to apply the insights you have and the practice the approaches you learn.
Who should attend?
- Business leaders trying to understand how to better articulate the "How" of strategy to key stakeholder groups, and what people actions need to be addressed to deliver against strategic plans
- Partners involved in supplying against this need - Resourcing, Talent & Succession, L&D and HR Business Partners (either at Head of or practitioner level)
- Those tasked with Business Planning, Budgeting or Organisational Development objectives Strategic workforce planning workshop
Location and facilities
We pride ourselves on understanding the need to create an environment which is both relaxing and comfortable enabling work and study to be focused and effective. From our unique riverside location to our impressive amenities, we provide an ideal environment for meeting success.
How to find us (PDF-1.15 MB)
Balancing busy work schedules with relaxation and exercise is an important aspect of our approach at Henley. The fully equipped and professionally staffed Fitness Centre with views overlooking the beautiful grounds and River Thames has everything needed to restore a sense of well being.
At our Greenlands site we provide a variety of meeting rooms and conference facilities. Our rooms have been designed with an emphasis on practicality with many of our rooms benefiting from the latest presentation equipment to ensure that your meeting runs smoothly.
The conference rooms at Greenlands, Henley, all feature air conditioning, natural daylight and excellent acoustics, as well as state-of-the-art AV and presentation technology controlled by bluetooth touch screens, free WiFi access, laptop connections, networked PC and large screens. Our larger rooms also have repeater screens. Each conference room has access to dedicated syndicate and break-out rooms and refreshment areas close by. Stationery, flipcharts, photocopying facilities and whiteboards are included as standard.
All syndicate and meeting rooms at Henley are fitted with a large screen, networked PC, whiteboards and have free WiFi access and laptop connections. River House 1-14 are also fitted with Copycam, allowing users to capture whiteboard notes at the touch of a button. Digital recorders, video and stills cameras are also available on request. All are laid out boardroom style.
We have 100 rooms including some with disabled facilities. All rooms are en-suite & include a safe, trouser press, laptop connection with free Wi-Fi access, direct dial telephone, satellite TV with radio, Molton Brown toiletries, tea & coffee making facilities and a hair dryer. Photograph of Thames Court accommodation.
Full English breakfast is served in our main dining room, which overlooks the River Thames. Our dedicated staff maintain the facility 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All guest rooms receive daily housekeeping services.
When it comes to dining, we offer you choice, quality and flexibility. We understand that you also want facilities that are conducive to networking, and dining arrangements that integrate seamlessly with the other aspects of your day. Henley is renowned for both its excellent standards of service and the high quality of cuisine. The chefs and their professional staff are able to offer the sophistication of a memorable evening dinner in the spacious dining room, with its views over the lawns down to the Thames.
Fresh, varied breakfasts are prepared by award-winning chefs and served each morning in the beautiful, riverside restaurant - the Heyworth Room.
Several tea and coffee areas are situated throughout the buildings, the Garden Common Room is situated beside the Heyworth Room and is open throughout the day and evening offering a wide range of Fairtrade drinks and a selection of biscuits. The bar is open each evening serving a full range of drinks.
Henley Conference Centre and Hotel
Set in its own 30 acre estate in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, alongside the River Thames, this magnificent Grade II Listed Building offers excellent conference, meeting and event facilities and provides a spectacular setting for any gathering. For more information about booking our beautiful facilities please visit the Henley Conferences website.
History of Greenlands
Records indicate that there has been a house on our Greenlands site for 500 years, although the house would have originally been much closer to the river.
Greenlands has been home to a series of notable families and individuals throughout its lifetime. These include Thomas Chaucer, son of Geoffrey Chaucer; Robert D'Oyley, Sheriff of Oxfordshire in 1573; Bulstrode Whitelock, Oliver Cromwell's Ambassador to Sweden and most recently WH Smith, who bought the existing house in 1871. Queen Elizabeth I is also known to have visited on more than one occasion, most likely when staying at her royal palace in Reading.
The site became the home of a new Administrative Staff College in 1946, first welcoming students in 1948. In 1952, after the unexpected death of Viscount Hambleden from whom the College leased the site, an opportunity to purchase Greenlands' 30 acres arose. The College was renamed Henley Management College in 1991, and following the 2008 merger with the University of Reading became Henley Business School. Today, the world-ranked Henley MBA, The Henley DBA and our executive education programmes are delivered at Greenlands.
Points of view
Offers & Discounts
A discount is available if all four one-day Strategic HR masterclasses are booked together - £3,100 + VAT
10% discount on programme fee for Henley alumni
When booking multiple open programmes which are paid for upfront, the following discount structure applies:
2-4 people = 10% reduction
5-9 people = 15% reduction
10+ people = 20% reduction
A 50% discount is available to employees of registered charities - please note that the discount is applied at Henley Business School's discretion and to confirm eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Henley Way
Helping you become exceptional is at the heart of everything we do. The Henley Way is highly practical, collaborative and academically rigorous. We develop confident leaders and professionals who are able to take a fresh perspective and have the energy, capability and resilience to ensure that they and their organisations are successful.
THE HENLEY WAY:
- Rigour & relevance
The Henley Way is much more than a set of principles. It is ingrained in our spirit and fundamental to our purpose and heritage, characterising the way we can help you to deliver exceptional performance.
We engage with you at the deepest level, fostering a shared spirit of curiosity, exploration, investigation and learning. We collaborate with you in order to challenge assumptions and mindsets, and get to the heart of the real business issues you face.
By creating a safe environment that promotes self-reflection, you are able to ask yourself those crucial questions that allow you to learn more about what informs your strategic business decisions and actions.
We work closely with you to diagnose your strategic individual and organisational aims. We then identify programmes that are best aligned to these goals, or we can co-evolve a learning design specifically aimed at achieving these strategic outcomes.
RIGOUR & RELEVANCE
We draw on world-class research and originate leading-edge thinking – but theory remains theory unless it is applied to real-world business. All of our programmes are delivered by experienced faculty who integrate academic rigour with commercial application. What you learn translates into business results.
Our customers rely on our long history and global reputation for successful executive development. These strengths underlie our responsible and collaborative way of working with you to co-create the very best executive learning experiences and commercial outcomes.
At Henley we know we cannot just be exceptional – we are here to help you become exceptional.