By working in long-term partnerships with our clients, we can help to maximise the value of Levy contributions. We aim to utilise the fund to meet our clients’ strategic objectives and achieve their ambitions for their employees and organisations.
At Henley we empower individuals to become great professionals and outstanding business leaders, who think with clarity and act with confidence and conviction. Working with their Apprenticeship Tutors learners will be encouraged to utilise the new learning to benefit both the teams within which they work and the wider organisation.
The alumni network
Individual learners will meet with others both on their cohort and likely those on other cohorts from previous years. Together they can form the most valuable network throughout their career. From day one, they join Henley’s alumni association, a group of over 80,000 spread across 160 countries. There are regional and international alumni groups and Special Interest Groups providing a priceless series of events, mentoring programmes, career advice, and industry contacts and information
The programme is currently taught at our Greenlands campus on the banks of the River Thames in Oxfordshire within 30 acres of beautiful conservation parkland. We are less than an hour’s drive from Heathrow Airport, within easy reach of London and close to many major motorway links. It is perfect for quiet reflection as well as stimulating debate with other leading business minds and provides an ideal learning environment for busy executives: you have the space and surroundings required to stretch your mind and think away from the pressures of the office.*
Classes are delivered in board-room style seminar rooms to facilitate group work and discussion.
Resources include the Library that holds books, journals, market research reports, dissertations, working papers and company information. (These materials are also available online through the virtual learning environment.) The modern new space provides the perfect place for study, including a 24-hour Quiet Study Space.
Leisure facilities include a fully equipped and professionally staffed fitness centre, outdoor sporting facilities, on-site accommodation and restaurant.
*Greenlands may not exclusively be used for programme delivery. For client choosing a closed cohort we have the flexibility to deliver the programme at a nationwide set of locations including your own offices if required.
Each client is assigned an Account Director or Manager to support them with the on-boarding of new learners onto this Apprenticeship programme and will work together throughout the application and enrolment process.
Individual learner support
- Personal development: Is woven into the fabric of the Henley programmes. We take a whole-person approach which acknowledges the complexity of balancing work, home, study and career. In addition to a high level of individual support while studying at Henley, services are available to assist your career ambitions, including coaching, networking, mentoring, and recruitment resources.
- Apprenticeship Tutor: Henley will assign an apprenticeship tutor to support the individual learner and their line manager through the apprenticeship journey. Tutors will communicate and meet regularly with the apprentice within their workplace or virtually to provide the learning support, and review and assess the evidence gathered for their evidence portfolios.
Employers provide support to learners as part of the employers’ commitment to their employees. Organisations are contracted by the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to give a minimum of 20% off the job training time. Off-the job training is defined by the ESFA as: “training received by the apprentice, during the apprentice’s paid hours, for the purpose of achieving their apprenticeship” This 20% off the job training is not exclusive to class sessions although they do count. Some other examples may include:
- Practical training: shadowing, mentoring and industry visits
- Chairing or attending meetings (outside the learner’s normal job function)
- Learning support and time spent writing assignments
- Meeting with the Apprenticeship Tutor
- Working on the evidence portfolio.