Professor Rajneesh Narula to be Keynote Speaker at Bocconi University Workshop, Milan
12 July 2013
Professor Rajneesh Narula is to be a Keynote Speaker at Bocconi University's final workshop for the MIUR-PRIN Project, in Milan.
Professor Rajneesh Narula is to be a Keynote Speaker at Bocconi University's final workshop for the MIUR-PRIN Project, in Milan. The workshop is titled 'Production, R&D and Knowledge Offshoring: Economic Analyses and Policy Implications' and takes place on 24 and 25 September 2013.
The aim of the workshop is to gain a better understanding of the distinct but interrelated aspects of offshoring and the workshop solicits submissions aiming at advancing our knowledge on the determinants and effects of offshoring.
The main topics of interest for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- The determinants of production, R&D and knowledge-related offshoring.
- The differential role played by distance in explaining bilateral R&D investments, as compared with the case of trade and of production investments.
- The role of innovation and market competition on offshoring decisions.
- How firm characteristics help explain firm's engagement in international offshoring, as opposed to local outsourcing.
- International partnerships as a means of knowledge offshoring.
- The effects of offshoring of production and R&D activities on job displacement, wages and tasks composition.
- The effects of immigration and offshoring on job opportunities and wage levels of natives.
- The offshorability of different knowledge tasks.
- The effects of R&D offshoring strategies on performance at home.
- Offshoring strategies in emerging as opposite to developed markets.
- Policy implications of offshoring.
To find out more about the conference and Professor Narula's involvement please visit the conference website http://bit.ly/145wtE5