Professor Verbeke organises panel at 40th EIBA conference to commemorate the late Professor Rugman
3 November 2014
The 40th European International Business Academy (EIBA) conference is to include a panel commemorating the late Professor Rugman.
The 40th European International Business Academy (EIBA) conference is to include a panel commemorating the late Professor Alan Rugman.
Professor Alain Verbeke, of International Business and Strategy, has organised the panel which is called ‘The intellectual legacy of Alan Rugman for International Business research’. A number of Alan’s previous colleagues and friends will touch on different areas of his research.
The provisional panel outline is as follows.
- Eleanor Westney, Schulich School of Business, York University (Chair)
- Sarianna Lundan, Faculty of Business Studies and Economics, University of Bremen: Internalization theory and the eclectic paradigm: Twin sisters or distant cousins?
- Bent Petersen, Department of Strategic Management and Organization, Copenhagen Business School: Foreign operating mode choices: Internalization theory and complementary insights.
- Alvaro Cuervo Cazurra, D'Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University: ‘Advantages' and ‘disadvantages' of developing economy MNEs: A critical assessment of Alan Rugman’s perspective.
- Chang Hoon Oh, Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University: Alan Rugman’s final lesson on regional MNEs.
- Alain Verbeke, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary: Alan Rugman's final ideas on new internalization theory (NIT).
The EIBA Conference will take place in Uppsala, Sweden 11-13 December 2014. Registration information for the conference can be found here