Pathways to Property celebrates five years
22 February 2018
Pathways to Property, one of the Reading Real Estate Foundation’s (RREF) widening access projects, celebrated its five year anniversary with an event hosted by The Crown Estate.
Launched in 2012, the initiative aims to raise awareness of, and aspirations about, the range of careers available within the sector. Led by RREF with strong industry backing, the project engages with sixth form students to introduce the idea of real estate as a subject of study, and to provide a way for young people to find out about careers within the property sector.
Particular focus is given to students who have no family experience of higher education, or are from other less-advantaged families.
Key successes since the project began:
- Reached over 9,300 students, and over 2,200 teachers and careers advisors
- Provided work experience to over 170 students
- Hosted 410 students at the annual Summer School
- 82 participants have gone on to study or work in property
- 25 of which went on to study at Henley Business School
- 9 are now completing apprenticeships
Click here to see coverage of the event in Property Week