Cathy is a chartered surveyor who joined the research team of Real Estate & Planning in 2002 from the Valuation Office Agency where she was a senior valuer. She then took up a position as lecturer, and subsequently associate professor, in valuation and management. She became Head of Real Estate & Planning in August 2015.
Her primary interests are commercial lease regulation and the landlord and tenant relationship; she has worked on major research studies funded by the UK government into aspects of commercial lease regulation. Her recent focus has been on the role of the professions in changing industry practices. Other research and teaching interests include valuation and asset management.
- PhD, University of Reading
- BSc (Hons) Management Science, Manchester
- Diploma in Surveying, CEM
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Asset management
- Commercial leases