Dr Liang Han joined Henley Business School in 2015 as an Associate Professor in Accounting and Financial Management and is currently the Director of Studies for BISA. He has taken academic positions as a Reader in Financial Management at University of Surrey, a Lecturer and Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at University of Hull and Research Fellow at the Business School, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Liang gained a PhD from University of Warwick and has research interests in the areas of entrepreneurial finance, corporate finance, banking market and entrepreneurship. Liang has been actively involved in some major research projects in UK and China, such as the Survey of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Finance, funded by Bank of England. Liang is also a consulting editor for International Small Business Journal and an external examiner for various programmes delivered in UK and overseas. Liang has been appointed as visiting professor by three universities.
Dr Liang Han
Associate Professor in Accounting and Financial Management
- Financial Management (PG)
- Business Finance (UG)
- Accounting and Finance Projects (PG)
- Managing Financial Resources (MBA)
- Liu, L., Luo, D. and Han, L., forthcoming, Default risk, ownership structure and the cross-section of stock returns: evidence from China. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
- Tian, L, and Han, L., forthcoming, How local is local? Evidence from bank competition and corporate innovation in U.S. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
- Yang, X., Han, L., Li, W., Yin, X., and Lin, T. (2017), Monetary policy, cash holding and corporate investment: evidence from China. China Economic Review, 46, 110-122. doi.org/10.1016/j.chieco.2017.09.001
- Wang, S., Wei, C. and Han, L. (2017) Do business relationships affect the accuracy of analyst earnings forecasts? Evidence from China. Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, 46 (1). pp. 155-177. doi:10.1111/ajfs.12164Han, L. and Greene, F. J. (2016) Are ‘born to rebel’ last-borns more likely to be self-employed? Personality and Individual Differences, 101. pp. 270-275. doi: 10.1016/j.paid.2016.06.019
- Han, L., Zhang, S. and Greene, F. J. (2015) Bank market concentration, relationship banking and small business liquidity. International Small Business Journal. doi: 10.1177/0266242615618733
- Wang, S., Han, L., and Gao, W., (2015) Mandatory and voluntary information disclosure and the effects on financial analysts: evidence from China, Chinese Management Studies, 9(3), pp.425-440. Doi: 10.1108/CMS-01-2015-0012
- Tian, L., Han, L., and Zhang, S., (2015) Business life cycle and capital structure: evidence from Chinese manufacturing Firms, China & World Economy, 23(2), p.22-39. DOI: 10.1111/cwe.12105
- Greene, F., Han, L., Martin, S., Zhang, S., and Wittert, G., (2014) Testosterone is Associated with Self-Employment among Australian Men, Economics and Human Biology. 13, p.76-84. doi:10.1016/j.ehb.2013.02.003
- Han, L., Benson, A., Chen, J. and Zhang, S., (2014) The Uses and Impacts of Bank Support on UK SMEs, International Small Business Journal, 32(1) p.61-80. doi: 10.1177/0266242612455008
- Greene, F., Han, L., and Marlow, S., (2013) Like Mother, Like Daughter? Analysing Maternal Influences Upon Women’s Entrepreneurial Propensity. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice,37(4), p.687-711. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6520.2011.00484.x
- Benson, A. and Han, L., (2011) Experiential Learning from Entrepreneurial Failure, International Journal of Behavioural Accounting and Finance, 2(1), p.21-39. doi: 10.1504/IJBAF.2011.038755
- Han, L. and Benson, A., (2010) ‘The Use and Usefulness of Financial Assistance to UK SMEs’, Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, 28 (3), p.552-566. doi: 10.1068/c0985b
- Han, L., Fraser, S. and Storey, D.J., (2009) The Role of Collateral in Entrepreneurial Finance, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 36 (3&4), p.424-455. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5957.2009.02132.x
- Han, L., Fraser, S. and Storey, D. J., (2009) Are Good or Bad Borrowers Discouraged From Applying for Loans? Evidence from US Small Business Credit Markets, Journal of Banking and Finance, 33 (2), p.415-424. doi: 10.1016/j.jbankfin.2008.08.014
- Han, L., Storey, D. J. and Fraser, S., (2008) Concentration of Creditors: Evidence from Small Businesses, Applied Financial Economics, 18 (20), p.1647-1656. doi:10.1080/09603100701720476
- Han, L., (2008) Bricks vs. Clicks: SME Online Banking Behaviour and Relationship Banking, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research, 14(1) p.47-60. doi:10.1108/13552550810852820
- Han, L., and Greene, F., (2007) The Determinants of Online Loan Applications from Small Businesses, Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 14(3) p.478-486. doi:10.1108/14626000710773556
- Han, L. and Xiang, X. (2017) ‘Emerging economies and financing of SMEs’. In: Woldie , A. and >span class="apple-converted-space"> (eds.) Financial Entrepreneurship for Economic Growth in Emerging Nations. IGI Global. (In Press)
- Han, L., and Zhang, S., (2012) ‘Asymmetric information, market conditions and entrepreneurial finance’ (Chapter 11), in Douglas Cumming, 2012, The Oxford Handbook for Entrepreneurial Finance, Oxford University Press.
Dr Liang Han supervises PhD projects in the area of entrepreneurial finance and banking market structure.