Éamonn is a real estate and urban economist whose research and teaching interests focus on the internationalisation of real estate involvements, institutional frameworks for property market analysis, structural change in real estate markets, the future of real estate services in the global economy and developments in the provision of real estate education. His teaching portfolio covers real estate and investment economics, urban and regional economics and international real estate markets.
As executive director of the European Real Estate Society (ERES) he has played a leading role in establishing the twice yearly ERES Industry Seminar from 2003 and the annual ERES Education Seminar from 2005. In 2010 he was involved in establishing the ERES Doctoral Network to support real estate research students across Europe. He was invited to join the board of The European Public Real Estate Association (EPRA) in 2010 and helped establish its programme of funded research through his role as chair of its research committee. He has participated as an invited panellist on topics related to real estate education at real estate conferences around the world and has given keynote speeches to both academic and practitioner audiences. In addition to his duties as co-editor of the Journal of European Real Estate Research he services on the editorial board of the Journal of Property Investment and Finance.
- BA(Hons) University College Dublin
- MA (Econ) University College Dublin
Real Estate and Urban Economics; International Real Estate Markets; International Developments in Real Estate Education
Achievements and Outreach
- President of the International Real Estate Society (IRES) 2011
- Member of the Board of Directors of IRES 2000 – present
- President of the European Real Estate Society (ERES) 2007-08
- Executive Director ERES 2000-2007 – 2010-11
- Member of ERES board 1998-present
- Presented with the International Real Estate Society Service Award for “for outstanding service to the European Real Estate Society” 2005
- Member of the Board of Directors of the European Public Real Estate Association (EPRA) 2010 – 13
- Chair EPRA Research Committee 2010-13
- Member of EPRA Research Committee 2010-present
- Member of the board of the DTZ Research Institute 2012-
- Director of International Liaison American Real Estate Society (ARES) 2013-
D’Arcy E (2009) The evolution of institutional arrangements to support the internationalisation of real estate involvements: some evidence from Europe. Journal of European Real Estate Research 2(3) 280-293
D'Arcy E, and Taltavull P (2009) Real Estate Education in Europe: Some perspectives on a decade of rapid change, Journal of European Real Estate Research 2(1) 69-78
D’Arcy E (2006) "Markets, Market Structures and Market Change: Expanding the Real Estate Research Paradigm" Pacific Rim Property Research Journal 12(4) 446-464
D’Arcy E and Keogh G. (2002) ‘The market context of property development activity’ in Guy S. and Henneberry J. Development & Developers: Perspectives on Property, Oxford: Blackwell
Keogh G and D'Arcy E, (1999) "Property market efficiency: an institutional economics perspective" Urban Studies, 36 2401-2414
D'Arcy, E. and G. Keogh (1997) ‘Towards a Property Market Paradigm of Urban Change', Environment and Planning A, Vol.29, pp.685-706.