Areas of academic interest
Climate Responsive Urban Design; Campus Design; Basic Design
Ender graduated from the Department of City and Regional Planning at Middle East Technical University in 2007 and the Department of Economics at Anadolu University in 2010. He undertook his Master’s study in Urban Design at Middle East Technical University in 2010. He worked as an urban designer in a private construction and engineering company before he entered the academic environment. He was responsible for the management of campus master planning projects, including coordinating stakeholders. He has also worked collaboratively with governmental bodies in conducting participatory planning processes and has authored various planning consultancy reports. He has also worked voluntarily with the Municipality of Cankaya for producing conceptual design of playgrounds by using universal design principles. Ender is currently employed as a Teaching Assistant in the Middle East Technical University in Turkey while doing his “full time work-away” PhD research in the University of Reading.
- MSc "Urban Design", Middle East Technical University, Turkey (2010)
- BSc "Economics", Anadolu University, Turkey (2010)
- BSc “City and Regional Planning”, Middle East Technical University, Turkey (2007)
- Visiting Research Associate, “Joint Centre for Urban Design”, Oxford Brookes University, UK (2011)
- Erasmus Exchange Student, “Planning and Landscape”, University of Manchester, UK (2006)
Ender is responsible for teaching on two different courses at METU;
(1) 1st year “Basic Design Studio” class which aims to give students the basic design tools in creating the geometrical and social meaning of space.
(2) 4th year “Planning Studio” class which aims to develop approaches to the challenge of enabling sustainable urban development.
Ender currently holds positions in the coordination teams of both the Association of European Schools of Planning Young Academics Network and Turkish Urban and Regional Research Network. He is centrally involved in all of the AESOP YA and TURRN activities, including organizing national and international annual urban- themed conferences, PhD workshops, and young academics meetings.
Ender’s PhD is partly funded by Henley Business School
Ender has been awarded a research grant by the British Institute at Ankara.
- 2013: Çanakkale “Green” Urban Design Competition, 1st Honourable Mention (together with his colleagues: Duygu Cihanger, Yigit Acar, Emre Kaygusuz)
- 2012: AESOP Excellence in Teaching Price (together with his colleagues: Anli Ataöv, Duygu Cihanger)