Sylvia is a Chartered Surveyor, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and Member of the Chartered Management Institute. She joined the School of Real Estate and Planning in September 2018 from the University College of Estate Management where she was Head of the Real Estate Faculty.
Having started her surveying career as a land surveyor Sylvia moved to the real estate sector, qualified as a Chartered Surveyor and worked for two leading London practices before becoming a higher education teacher and academic. Whilst she specialises in teaching commercial property valuation at undergraduate and postgraduate level, she has also managed large teams and project managed the implementation of strategic initiatives. She has extensive experience of designing and delivering degree programmes online and is an advocate for technology enhanced learning.
- BSc (Hons) Estate Management - London South Bank University
- Certified Diploma in Accountancy and Finance - ACCA
- MPhil - University of Portsmouth
- MRICS Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- FHEA Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- MCMI Member of the Chartered Management Institute
Commercial property valuation, Commercial property management
Scarrett D and Osborn S (2014) Property Valuation: the five methods, 3rd edn. Routledge: Abingdon