What is Huawei ICT Academy?
University of Reading Huawei ICT Academy (HICTA) is an executive training & research centre through those collaboration between Huawei and University of Reading. HICTA is also engaged in research and innovation in ICT related areas such as Big Data, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and their application in wide business areas.
The training provided by Huawei ICT Academy include technical certification courses authorised by Huawei, and executive training programmes accredited by the University of Reading, such as Digital Leadership, Enterprise & IT Architecture, and Business Technology Consulting. Research and innovation are at the heart of everything we do at Huawei ICT Academy. We are engaged in various joint research projects across domains such as healthcare, digital transformation and smart city.
Since it was established in 2015, HICTA has been offering technical certification training to attendees in industry in the UK, Europe and internationally. We have also been running Huawei certified programmes to students in higher education institutions and also other training courses to further develop students’ competencies and applicational skills in technical and management fronts.
With great support from both the University and Huawei, HICTA was awarded as one of the 'best performing Huawei ICT Academy 2021'. On top of our student training, we offer executive training programmes endorsed by Henley Business School such as digital leadership, enterprise and IT architecture and business technology consulting. Many of the programmes delivered over the years are customised in response to the requirements of the clients in industry and public sectors from UK, China and elsewhere globally.
Academy Support Centre
Since 2021, HICTA has been authorised by Huawei as the academy support centre in the UK, which supports the development of Huawei ICT Academies in the colleges and universities in the UK. For the newly established and potential ICT academies, HICTA offers a wide range of support including qualification and delivery skills training for academy trainers, operation support for academy administers, and online open sessions for academy students. If your school is interested in becoming a Huawei ICT Academy, please feel welcome to contact email@example.com for further detailed information.
Why it's so good?
- A deeper understanding of ICT industry
- Important ICT skills
- Practical knowledge of applying the latest technology into a wide range of industries
- The ability to apply best practices in industry
- A qualification officially certified by Huawei company
- Placement opportunities with Huawei
- Be involved in the Huawei talent eco-system
What we achieved?
- The first Huawei ICT Academy in the UK
- The first university in Europe authorised as Huawei ICT Academy Support Centre
- "The best performing Huawei ICT Academy" worldwide in 2021
- Long term strategic partner with Huawei (UK) and is the first Huawei ICT Academy to introduce placement scheme with Huawei
- Huawei ICT Academy at University of Reading achieve the full certification authorisation
- The exclusive official partner to support Huawei (UK&Ireland) in 2018 UK Worldskills competition
- The exclusive official partner to support Huawei ICT competition (Western Europe) 2017/18 and 2019/20