Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship - Henley Business Angels Network
The Henley Business Angels (HBA) is a subscription based organisation that brings together both the Thames Valley business community and alumni of the University of Reading and Henley Business School, in order to grow the Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship (HCfE) at the Henley Business School.
Have a look at our Henley Business Angels video here.
HBA supports new business ventures launched by entrepreneurs who are graduates from, or who are connected with, the University of Reading and Henley Business School. HBA provides the opportunity for its members to invest in these business ventures.
Springpod, an online careers education platform that helps employers to interact with students from age 13-18 and build a talent pipeline to provide work experience, apprenticeships and career exploration opportunities focused on STEM skills, has kicked off an initial investment round by accepting £245k, with one Henley Business Angels member contributing to the total.
Sam Hyams, the founder and Managing Director of Springpod, said: “Lord Baker and the team are thrilled to have received this strong vote of confidence at the beginning of the fundraise. It will enable us to build out the platform and help thousands more students connect with top employers from an early age, helping transform futures and solve the STEM skills shortage.”Read more about the Springpod investment here.
HBA is set up under an operating company (HBA Ltd) with its own board and will be run by an executive committee of members.
HBA has already appointed an advisory team and is further supported by the UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA), who provide training to members, access to its resources and help with forging links with other business angel networks to share deal flows.
How does HBA Function?
HBA holds regular events which will include investment pitches, high profile guest speakers and networking receptions.
The HBA website provides access to resources for start-up businesses, including useful links, news and publications.
Who are the Members?
The members are self-certified investors, high net worth individuals or successful company leaders who invest (or are interested to invest) in high growth early stage businesses.
How do you Become a Member?
Membership is by application. The application form and membership terms and conditions can be found on the Henley Business Angels website here.
There is an annual membership fee payable to HBA which will entitle the member to access investment opportunities and the entrepreneurship community at both the University of Reading and Henley Business School.
How Will Members Benefit?
HBA offers its members the following range of benefits:
- The opportunity to connect with entrepreneurs drawn from the University of Reading, Henley Business School and the Thames Valley
- Access to carefully selected business plans from companies emerging from the University of Reading, Henley Business School and the Thames Valley, who are seeking investment and support for their business venture
- An invitation to a full programme of events held at the Henley Business School throughout the year, including 'themed' breakfast meetings, a selection of University of Reading and Henley Business School conferences, events hosted by the University of Reading's Entrepreneurship Society and HCfE's 'Talks on Enterprise Development' series, featuring talks given by inspiring CEOs
- The opportunity to recruit the Business School's talented undergraduate and masters (including MBA) students for full-time appointments, summer placements or project-based work
- Access to up-to-date research material from the Business School's faculty, relevant to the entrepreneurial activity as well as to the School’s extensive library resources (subject to license agreements with resource providers)
- An invitation to join the Henley Entrepreneurship Special Interest Group and the University of Reading Entrepreneurship Society
Applications for Funding
HBA is currenly open to receive applications for funding from entrepreneurs. Please visit the HBA website for more information.
Henley Business Angels are proud to announce a partnership with Gust, a global SaaS funding platform for the sourcing and management of early stage investments. Under the partnership, HBA have adopted the Gust platform to help entrepreneurs with promising start-up businesses apply for funding to HBA.
Inviting Interested Persons to Join HBA
If you are interested in joining HBA, please get in contact with Jurek Sikorski, Director of Henley Business Angels Ltd, by calling 0118 378 8188 or emailing email@example.com
Further Information About Henley Business Angels
The current funding round dates can be found on our webiste here.
Interested to learn more or get involved? Visit our website here.
HBA is sponsored by Barclays and Clarkslegal and supported by VitalSix. HBA is also a member of the UK Business Angels Association.