Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship - Henley Business Angels Network
The Henley Business Angels (HBA) is a subscription based organisation that brings together both the Thames Valley business community and alumni of the University of Reading and Henley Business School, in order to grow the Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship (HCfE) at the Henley Business School.
Have a look at our Henley Business Angels video here.
HBA supports new business ventures launched by entrepreneurs who are graduates from, or who are connected with, the University of Reading and Henley Business School. HBA provides the opportunity for its members to invest in these business ventures.
Kokoon, a technology company manufacturing smart headphones to aid sleep and relaxation, have received investment totalling £1.65 million from members of Henley Business Angels, alongside other angel networks and public investors via Crowdcube.
Tim Antos, Kokoon’s CEO, said: “We are delighted to be closing this round with the support of HBA members and are excited to be entering the next phase of growth as we launch our product with some fantastic new investors.”
You can find out more about Kokoon's funding here.
HBA is set up under an operating company (HBA Ltd) with its own board and will be run by an executive committee of members.
HBA has already appointed an advisory team and is further supported by the UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA), who provide training to members, access to its resources and help with forging links with other business angel networks to share deal flows.
How does HBA function?
HBA holds regular events which will include investment pitches, high profile guest speakers and networking receptions.
The HBA website provides access to resources for start-up businesses, including useful links, news and publications.
Who are the members?
The members are self-certified investors/high net worth individuals or successful company leaders who invest (or are interested to invest) in high growth early stage businesses.
How do you become a member?
Membership is by application. The application form and membership terms and conditions can be found on the website.
There is an annual membership fee payable to HBA which will entitle the member to access investment opportunities and the entrepreneurship community at both the University of Reading and Henley Business School.
How will members benefit?
HBA offers its members a range of benefits including:
- the opportunity to connect with entrepreneurs drawn from the University of Reading, Henley Business School and the Thames Valley
- access to carefully selected business plans from companies emerging from the University of Reading, Henley Business School and the Thames Valley, who are seeking investment and support for their business venture
- an invitation to a full programme of events held at the Henley Business School throughout the year, including:
- ‘themed’ breakfast meetings
- a selection of University of Reading & Henley Business School conferences
- events hosted by the University of Reading Entrepreneurship Society
- ‘Talks on Enterprise Development’ given by inspiring CEOs
- the opportunity to recruit the Business School's talented undergraduate and masters (including MBA) students for full-time appointments, summer placements or project-based work
- access to up-to-date research material from the Business School's faculty, relevant to the entrepreneurial activity as well as to the School’s extensive library resources (subject to license agreements with resource providers)
- an invitation to join the Henley Entrepreneurship Special Interest Group and the University of Reading Entrepreneurship Society
Applications for Funding
HBA is currenly open to receive applications for funding from entrepreneurs. Please visit the HBA website for more information.
Henley Business Angels are proud to announce a partnership with Gust, a global SaaS funding platform for the sourcing and management of early stage investments. Under the partnership, HBA will adopt the Gust platform to help entrepreneurs with promising start-up businesses apply for funding to HBA.
Inviting interested persons to join HBA
If you are interested in joining HBA, please get in contact with Jurek Sikorski, Director of Henley Business Angels Ltd, by calling 0118 378 8188 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about Henley Business Angels
The closing date for the current round of funding applications is 27th November 2017 and the next company presentation event will be held on 14th December 2017.
Interested to learn more or get involved? Visit our website here.
HBA is sponsored by Barclays, Shoosmiths and PwC and supported by VitalSix. BBA is also a member of the UK Business Angels Association.