Henley Centre for Leadership
The Henley Centre for Leadership - A hub for developing leaders at all levels through innovative research, transformative conversations, and impactful learning
Developing, Sustaining, and Transforming Leadership
Purpose of the Henley Centre for Leadership
A community of scholars and leaders striving to tackle challenging leadership issues, transform leadership, and create positive change in organisations, communities, and society. We are committed to enhancing the study and practice of leadership by developing leaders, engaging in knowledge exchange, and co-creating future-focused strategies.
Strategic ambitions of Henley Centre for Leadership
- RESEARCH To be internationally recognised as a leading voice for innovative research addressing contemporary leadership and leadership development challenges
- EDUCATION To provide a generative learning environment where individual learners and organisations thrive
- COMMUNITY To connect scholars, organisations and society in transformational conversations in local and global contexts to influence practice and policy
What we value
We value leadership as a pluralistic set of perspectives, concepts, and practices. Central to our views are:
- Shared purposes and responsibility - everyone’s contribution to leading is essential.
- Leading happens over time with multiple people, in teams, as a practice that can involve the entire workforce, and the societal level.
- Our inclusive leadership approach reflects the complex challenges individuals, organisations, and society face today and in the future
We advance multiple routes of leadership development as avenues to generating strong, positive and inclusive leadership cultures. Creating and employing exceptional and demanding practices and processes of developing leadership in all members of organisations will drive the evolution of leadership as a force for organisational and societal good.
In doing so, the community in the Henley Centre for Leadership, founded in 2013, honours and advances Henley Business School’s strong heritage and reputation as a pioneer in the thinking and practice of leadership and its development.
Our strategic areas of expertise and curiosity and strategic pathways of engagement
To pursue our purpose the Henley Centre for Leadership focuses on three strategic areas of expertise and curiosity: Our community engages in developing, sustaining, and transforming leadership.
We advance those areas of expertise and curiosity along three strategic pathways of engagement of research, education, and community
Henley Centre for Leadership Blogs
Follow our recent blogs: Published 30th June 2020
Adding purpose to our internal dialogues - Dr Tatiana Rowson
When Organisational Values Challenge Your Own - Prof. Ben Laker
If you would like to read more blogs from us, visit Henley Blogs and search for Henley Centre for Leadership
If you want to learn more about the Henley Centre for Leadership download our brochure here. For regular updates on all things Henley Centre for Leadership, follow us on social media.
LinkedIn: The Henley Centre for Leadership
The Henley Centre for Leadership support the Henley MA in Leadership. This is a part time programme that will provide an intensive and personal leadership development experience to current and future leaders.
Follow a blog about energising, engaging and multi-facetted leadership: http://blog.berndvogel.org/
For any enquiries please contact Bernd Vogel on firstname.lastname@example.org