IBS - 44th AIB Conference - Call for papers
Call for papers for the 44th AIB Conference
The Conference welcomes theoretical and empirical papers which respond to main theme of the Conference. As in previous years, it is hoped that the submissions will go beyond the Conference theme and encompass all major areas of international business, including:
- Entry modes, international alliances, networks, mergers and acquisitions
- Global value chains
- International business and economic geography
- International business and finance
- International business and society
- International business history
- International business in/from the emerging economies
- International business strategy
- International business, economic development and policy
- International business, institutions and sustainability
- International business, knowledge and innovation
- International human resource management
- International management and marketing
- International trade and international business
- Internationalisation of SMEs and international entrepreneurship
- Research methods in international business
Download a pdf version of the Call for Paper here
The Main Conference will host both competitive papers and posters. The poster session is reserved to papers that are at an early stage of development. During the submission process, authors will be asked to choose whether their paper is to be considered for a competitive or for a poster session. Accepted papers will ultimately be allocated to either types of sessions after considering suggestions of referees.
Please note that:
- As a part of the paper submission process, authors will be required to sign up to act as a reviewer.
- In order to maximise participation to the Conference, the organisers may have to restrict the number of papers from the same authors to a maximum of three.
- Papers submitted to the Main Conference cannot be submitted also to the Doctoral Colloquium.
Submission of papers to both the Main Conference and Doctoral Colloquium is managed through Conftool Pro at https://www.conftool.pro/aibuki2017.
Papers should be submitted either as .pdf or .doc/.docx, and should not exceed 10,000 words for competitive papers and 2,000 words for posters, excluding tables, references and appendix. Please make sure all information which might reveal authors' identity and affiliation are removed from the paper. All papers must include an abstract of max. 150 words, and should possibly conform to the JIBS style guide, available at http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jibs/style_guide.html.
Proposals for special tracks and panel sessions are welcome and should be sent to email@example.com, by January 24th 2017. Panel sessions serve as discussion forums for issues of contemporary interest to IB scholars. They are 120-minutes sessions organized as a single submission by the panel chair around a common theme. Proposals must include:
- the proposed title of the Panel Session
- the organizer(s), contact information and affiliations
- the relevance of the proposed Panel Session to the 44th AIB UKI and 6th Reading IB conference, and the significance of the related contributions (max 1000 words)
- the participants’ contact information, affiliations, presentation/paper titles and short abstracts (max 100 words per abstract).