PhD fees and funding
For fees, please visit the Graduate school website. Overseas applicants should refer to the non-laboratory based fees listed in the tables (International Band 1 for non UK/EU students).
Henley Business School Scholarships
Further PhD funding
- UK/EU nationals: The University of Reading takes part in the South East DTC (Doctoral Training Centre). If you’re interested in applying, please follow the link for further details.
- Nationals from India and developing countries: The Felix Scholarship competition is open to candidates applying for either taught Masters or Postgraduate Research Degrees who are either Indian nationals, or from developing countries, and who fulfil the required criteria. For more information and how to apply please follow the link.
- Regional PhD Bursaries: They are available for PhD applicants normally living within 25 miles of the University. The scheme is not open to students who have already started their study at the University of Reading. For further information, please go to Graduate School website.
- Former UoR Graduate: If you have already studied at the University of Reading you will get up to £1,000 off fees through the alumni fee discount.
- Other: For information on further opportunities, please see the find funding section on our University website.
- Fully-funded Ph.D. studentship on changes in household expenditure and behaviour over the twentieth century.
The University of Reading’s Centre for International Business History (CIBH) is offering a fully-funded studentship for a Ph.D. project on the evolution of household expenditure and household behaviour over the twentieth century. The project will involve using British family expenditure survey data, together with other sources, to examine changes in household behaviour in areas such as housing, consumer durables, and leisure activities, and their determinants. The successful candidate will have good quantitative skills and a strong interest in business and economic history.
Centre for International Business History is also happy to discuss fully-funded studentships in other areas of business and economic history.