PhD fees and funding
Fees & Funding
For this year’s tuition fees, please visit the Graduate school website. Overseas applicants should refer to the non-laboratory based fees listed in the tables (International Band 1 for non UK/EU students).
Henley Business School Scholarships
We offer PhD scholarships covering fees and stipend for a maximum of 3 years, which are awarded on the basis of outstanding academic merit. These scholarships cover full fees and provide a stipend for 1 year, and is renewable for a further 2 years subject to performance. To find out more please click here.
In order to apply for the Marketing & Reputation PhD scholarship you will first need to make a formal application to our programme, clearly stating in the ‘Funding’ section of your application that you would like to be considered for one of our scholarships. Further information on the scholarship application process will then be provided, should you be selected to join our prestigious PhD programme.
Our scholarship programme is incredibly competitive and as such we normally ask students to have achieved (or be expected to achieve) a Distinction at Masters level or equivalent, including a distinction in a dissertation or thesis.
For other candidates, further funding opportunities are available (see below).
Further PhD funding
- UK/EU nationals: The University of Reading takes part in the South East DTC (Doctoral Training Centre). If you’re interested in applying, please follow the link for further details.
- University International Research Studentships: The University is pleased to announce a range of international PhD studentships available for October 2019 start. These are available for highly qualified applicants for research within science, life sciences, social science and arts and humanities. The studentship includes full international rate fees as well as a £1,000 p.a. training & development allowance, and can include a stipend to match the 2019/20 UK Research Council rate (2018/19 rate is £14,777). For further details, please see the Graduate School website.
- Nationals from India and developing countries: The Felix Scholarship competition is open to candidates applying for either taught Masters or Postgraduate Research Degrees who are either Indian nationals, or from developing countries, and who fulfil the required criteria. For more information and how to apply please follow the link.
- Regional PhD Bursaries: They are available for PhD applicants normally living within 25 miles of the University. The scheme is not open to students who have already started their study at the University of Reading. For further information, please go to Graduate School website.
- Former UoR Graduate: If you have already studied at the University of Reading you will receive a discount of up to £1,000 off of your fees through the alumni fee discount.
- Other: For information on further opportunities, please see the find funding section on our University website.