Working with Business
Working with Business
At Reading we mean Business
As one of the world's premier centres for teaching and research in real estate and planning, we are proud of the close links we have with a wide range of leading organisations, in the professions and industry worldwide. We always welcome the opportunity to build and develop new relationships with existing and potential partners.
Our students are your potential employees. We welcome direct links with prospective graduate employers, and with companies offering short-term and summer internships.
Reading Real Estate Foundation (RREF) is a registered charity that focuses on supporting real estate and planning education at the University of Reading. RREF offers graduate recruitment opportunities to current students and recent graduates and provide employers with direct contact to some of the best real estate and planning students in the UK and internationally. They organise a number of events throughout the year which give potential employers a great chance to interact with our students.
- The annual RREF Careers Fair held at the University of Reading in October
- Guest lecture opportunities at the Evening Lecture series (for Corporate Patrons), raising your company profile to students and within the Henley Business School
- Promotion of your student/graduate vacancies on our student portal
- Opportunity for your employees to participate in our Mentoring Programme
For further details please contact Nicole Gillham, Executive Director of RREF, on 0118 378 4193 or via email: email@example.com
Supporting our vision
A number of major companies also sponsor a range of student prizes. Relationships of this kind are always welcome, as a way of bring our student community and our business partners closer together.
Contact with practitioners forms an essential part of our degree programmes, invaluable for our students and richly rewarding for the visiting speakers.
Corporate Social Responsibility
In today's business climate the Reading Real Estate recognises that the importance of a robust corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme cannot be under-estimated.With the understanding both of corporate concerns and how to make a difference through education, they offer interesting opportunities for CSR:
- A number of sponsored Bursaries, Awards & Hardship funds are awarded each year to real estate and planning students in need of financial support
- The Mentoring Programme partners alumni in industry with current students to support their career development and inter-personal skills; the programme is in its third year and has increased the number of partnerships to over 300
- Funded Fair Access Internships aim to place students who are unable to undertake unpaid work experience with a company to further their employability
For further details please contact Nicole Gillham, Executive Director of RREF, on 0118 378 4193 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org