At a glance
- Develop practical management skills and vital personal skills such as time management
- Build self-awareness and self-confidence, and understand how to use your key strengths
- Discover how to manage change and performance effectively
- Understand how to manage your team successfully, and advance your own career as a result
- Subject area(s)
- Strategic Management
- Short course
- We are not currently offering the Developing Management Practice programme. If you have any questions, please contact our programme advisors: email@example.com
- Course length
- 3 days + 2 days
- Suitable for
- Managers at all levels who work with teams or projects
We are not currently offering the Developing Management Practice programme. If you have any questions, please contact our programme advisors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Developing Management Practice is a practical programme designed to help you get measurable results from your team.
The course not only equips you with a host of valuable management skills, but also allows you to realise your own potential and move your career forward.
Taught in small, supportive cohorts, the programme combines psychometrics, workshops, group discussion and 1:1 coaching. It culminates in the creation of a strategic personal plan to record your actions and next steps.
To find out more about your stay at Greenlands, read our Visit with confidence - COVID 19 safety information page.
Develop practical management skills to create high-performing teams
Learn how to delegate and manage both your time and energy
Gain self-confidence and clarity by understanding and utilising your strengths
Understand how to motivate others and identify individual motivators
Learn about change and how to manage others through the transition
Developing Management Practice is taught through a combination of action-learning workshops, group discussion and one-to-one coaching.
The programme runs for a total of five days and covers:
- Team performance and performance management
- Effective time management
- Conflict management
- Motivating individuals
- Change processes and managing others through change
- Building self-awareness
- Identifying and promoting your personal brand
- People and relationship management
Post-programme, you can benefit from ongoing contact with Henley Business School through:
- Access to resources from the online learning portal for up to 12 months
- Henley alumni status
"I definitely grew in strength and confidence, and found myself much more able to deal with people at all levels."
"The content of the programme is superb, and I couldn’t fault the delivery. The visiting speakers were excellent, too."
"It’s definitely made me more confident in making – and communicating – the bigger decisions."
The following reductions are available on programmes fees
- 10% for Henley alumni*
- 10% for members of The Henley Partnership
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple open programmes are booked. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility**.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
A 50% discount is available to registered charities.
It is subject to eligibility and available at Henley Business School's discretion**
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading) not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
For more information
Please contact email@example.com
Set in sweeping parkland on the banks of the River Thames, Henley Business School's Greenlands campus provides an inspiring and reflective environment for focused work and study.
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2022)
(Executive Education 2022: Top 50 combined ranking and school profiles)
(Financial Times Executive Education programme rankings 2022)
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.
You might also like
The Family Office Programme
The Family Office Programme helps build the expertise required of the next generation of family office managers and their counterparties.
The Henley Executive Hedge Fund Programme
Develop a holistic, practical understanding of hedge funds and network with mentors and experienced industry professionals.
The Strategy Programme
Devise and implement robust strategies that can create lasting competitive advantage in your organisation with The Strategy Programme.