|Date of event:||8 June 2020|
|Event ends:||30 June 2020|
Get Career Smart!
If you are a final year student, going into your final year or an incoming master’s student (who has paid their deposit) you can join Career Smart, our online course aimed to help you understand the recruitment cycle in the UK.
What do you want to do after you graduate?
Whether you haven’t started thinking about it yet, or you’ve not been successful in your applications, then our online course, Career Smart, could help. It is a great way to help you understand what your options are and how the recruitment cycle runs in the UK.
Career Smart starts on Monday 8 June and runs for 4 weeks. On the course, you will:
- Find out about the recruitment cycle for graduate schemes
- Learn the difference between graduate schemes and direct entry roles
- Find out what skills recruiters are looking for
- Discover the best way to find graduate jobs and how to research companies and industries
- Be given guidance on how to think through your knowledge, skills and experience for job applications
- Learn the foundations of writing a good CV and preparing for an interview
You can expect to spend 2 – 3 hours a week studying and will be able to interact with other University of Reading students, as who are in the same position as you, well as experts in the careers service, recent alumni and a range of employers.
You can take the course in your own time, or follow the recommended structure.