Scholarships and funding
All applications will be automatically considered for a scholarship. So, you can simply submit your application and you will be automatically notified if you are successful. Shortlisting and selection are based on academic merit and the candidate’s potential as demonstrated in the application form. And don’t worry if you aren’t awarded funds initially. Each month unclaimed scholarship awards are re-allocated, and all offer holders remain eligible.
Masters scholarships process for 2024 entry
- Henley will review and consider all applications for a scholarship. No separate scholarship application is needed unless it is for a specialist scholarship such as the AfRES Scholarship
- You will be notified by email if your application is accepted for a scholarship. We aim to respond to those who have been awarded a scholarship within 4 weeks of receiving your offer to study – this may fluctuate depending on the point in the application cycle.
- Only successful scholarship awardees will be notified
- If offered a scholarship, it must be accepted within 4 weeks of the scholarship offer date. After this deadline, scholarship offers may be withdrawn and reallocated
- Unclaimed scholarships funds will be reallocated, meaning that offer holders who did not receive a scholarship initially will be automatically reconsidered. So, if you did not receive a scholarship at the point of application, you are still eligible to receive a scholarship and will be notified automatically if you are subsequently awarded funds
- Successful candidates should refer to their scholarship notification for conditions.
How are scholarship winners selected?
Shortlisting and selection are based on academic merit and the candidate’s potential as demonstrated in the application form. Applications will be reviewed by a member of the University of Reading Admissions Office and/or representatives from Henley Business School.
How much are the scholarships?
Scholarships are awarded as a partial tuition fee waiver and are typically between £2,000 to £8,000.
How do I accept a scholarship?
Full details will be provided in your scholarship award notification. You need to accept within four weeks of the award offer, and you will need pay a deposit to secure your place on your programme.
What If I have applied for multiple courses?
All applications will be treated separately, so if you hold offers for multiple programmes, each will be judged on its own merits. It is possible to receive a scholarship for more than one course.
Can scholarships be combined with other awards?
Henley Business School and/or University of Reading Alumni receive a £1,500 discount off tuition fees, which is applied to the first year of tuition fees in the case of full-time students or split over two years (£750 per year) for part-time students. The alumni discount can be combined with a scholarship. Eligible students will qualify automatically, so no additional application is needed.
The University of Reading also offers Centenary scholarships, which Henley students can apply for. These can be combined with Henley scholarships. For more information see the University of Reading Scholarships page.
I have received an offer but haven’t heard about my scholarship yet. Do I need to contact someone?
No, you will automatically be contacted by email if you are awarded a scholarship. Your application remains eligible for a scholarship throughout the application process, so even if you are not awarded immediately your application will continue to be reviewed and considered and you will be automatically contacted if successful. We aim to get back to you as quickly as possible and ideally within four weeks. The time may be shorter (or longer) depending on the volume of applications received.
Applying for the AfRES Scholarship
Please note that scholarship application is via the University of Reading applicant hub once an offer has been made. You can only apply when you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional). When you view your offer in the hub you will see the link to apply for scholarship(s) relevant to your offer. Find out more information on the AfRES Scholarship, including the application deadline and scholarship value.