HBA supports new business ventures launched by entrepreneurs who are graduates from, or who are connected with, the University of Reading and Henley Business School. HBA members are provided the opportunity to invest in and mentor (S)EIS registered early stage businesses launched by local entrepreneurs and graduates.
Have a look at our Henley Business Angels video here.
HBA is set up under an operating company (HBA Ltd) with its own board and is run by an executive committee of members.
BeneTalk, a speech therapy technology company that specialises in the development of a wearable digital speech device, has received investment from one HBA member.
Jordi Fernandez, founder and CEO of BeneTalk, said: "Our vision is to build the most accessible and effective AI speech therapy that has the potential to transform the lives of 10% of the population. I was very lucky to get enough help, but others are not as lucky. HBA is helping us to transform the lives of millions of people like me."
Read more about the BeneTalk investment here.
How Does HBA Function?
HBA holds regular events which include investment pitches, high profile guest speakers and networking receptions.
The HBA website provides access to resources for start-up businesses, including useful links, news and publications.
Who are the Members?
The members are self-certified investors, high net worth individuals or successful company leaders who invest (or are interested to invest) in high growth early stage businesses.
How Do You Become a Member?
Membership is by application. The application form and membership terms and conditions can be found on the Henley Business Angels website here.
There is an annual membership fee payable to HBA which will entitle the member to access investment opportunities and the entrepreneurship community at both the University of Reading and Henley Business School.
How Do Members Benefit?
HBA offers its members the following range of benefits:
- The opportunity to connect with entrepreneurs drawn from the University of Reading, Henley Business School and the Thames Valley
- Access to carefully selected business plans from companies emerging from the University of Reading, Henley Business School and the Thames Valley, who are seeking investment and support for their business venture
- An invitation to a full programme of events held at the Henley Business School throughout the year, including ‘themed’ breakfast meetings and a selection of University of Reading and Henley Business School conferences and event
- The opportunity to recruit Henley Business School’s talented undergraduate and masters (including MBA) students for full-time appointments, summer placements or project-based work
- Access to up-to-date research material from Henley Business School’s faculty, relevant to the entrepreneurial activity, as well as our extensive library resources (subject to licence agreements with resource providers)
Applications for Funding
HBA is currently open to receive applications for funding from entrepreneurs. Please visit the HBA website for more information.
HBA is proud to work in partnership with Gust, a global SaaS funding platform for the sourcing and management of early stage investments. Under the partnership, HBA have adopted the Gust platform to help entrepreneurs with promising start-up businesses apply for funding to HBA.
Inviting Interested Persons to Join HBA
If you are interested in joining HBA, please get in contact with Jurek Sikorski, Director of Henley Business Angels Ltd, by calling 0118 378 8188 or emailing email@example.com
The current funding round dates can be found on our website here.
Interested to learn more or get involved? Visit our website here.
HBA is sponsored by Barclays and BDO. HBA is also a member of the UK Business Angels Association, who provide training to members, access to its resources and help with forging links with other business angel networks to share deal flows.