Henley Business Angels
HBA supports new business ventures launched by entrepreneurs who are graduates from, or who are connected with, the University of Reading and Henley Business School. HBA members are provided the opportunity to invest in and mentor (S)EIS registered early stage businesses launched by local entrepreneurs and graduates. To see what Henley Business Angels is all about, watch our video here.
HBA is set up under an operating company (HBA Ltd) with its own board and is run by an executive committee of members.
OKKO Health, a digital eye care company, has received investment from seven Henley Business Angels (HBA) members, contributing towards a total funding round of £900k. The amount invested by HBA members was £145k, making it the largest amount invested since HBA's establishment in 2016.
Stephanie Campbell, OKKO Health's CEO, said: "I'm delighted to be taking investment from such a dynamic and engaged network - we are looking forward to harnessing the specific expertise of our investors as well as using the funding wisely to generate significant value over the year ahead."
Read more about the OKKO Health investment here.
How Does HBA Function?
HBA holds regular events which include investment pitches, high profile guest speakers and networking receptions.
The HBA website provides access to resources for start-up businesses, including useful links, news and publications.
Who are the Members?
The members are self-certified investors, high net worth individuals or successful company leaders who invest (or are interested to invest) in high growth early stage businesses.
How Do You Become a Member?
Membership is by application. The application form and membership terms and conditions can be found on the Henley Business Angels website here.
There is an annual membership fee payable to HBA which will entitle the member to access investment opportunities and the entrepreneurship community at both the University of Reading and Henley Business School.
How Do Members Benefit?
HBA offers its members the following range of benefits:
- Access to high quality and carefully selected investment opportunities from entrepreneurs with a link to the University of Reading and Henley Business School (including those in the Henley Start-Up Business Incubator)
- Quarterly pitch presentation events and regular networking opportunities
- Joining a supportive and friendly sophisticated investor network
- Access to both current and alumni students from the University of Reading and Henley Business School through schemes such as the Reading Internship Scheme and Capstone Projects
- Invitation to a full programme of events held at the Henley Business School throughout the year
- An exclusive year's free membership with UKBAA
- Support throughout the investment process, including an exclusive discount to the UKBAA's Angel Investor e-learning course
- Detailed summaries of investments
- Support through our established strong links with professional services providers, such as accountants, solicitors, and banks
- Help to select an appropriate professional to assist investors with the funding process and business development issues
- Access to our exceptional contacts within the research and higher education institutions that we can connect you with if specialist technical advice is sought
Applications for Funding
HBA is currently open to receive applications for funding from entrepreneurs. Please visit the HBA website for more information.
HBA is proud to work in partnership with Gust, a global SaaS funding platform for the sourcing and management of early stage investments. Under the partnership, HBA have adopted the Gust platform to help entrepreneurs with promising start-up businesses apply for funding to HBA.
Inviting Interested Persons to Join HBA
If you are interested in joining HBA, please get in contact with Jurek Sikorski, Director of Henley Business Angels Ltd, by calling 0118 378 8188 or emailing email@example.com
The current funding round dates can be found on our website here.
Interested to learn more or get involved? Visit our website here.
HBA is sponsored by Barclays and BDO. HBA is also a member of the UK Business Angels Association, who provide training to members, access to its resources and help with forging links with other business angel networks to share deal flows.