Henley Business Angels
HBA supports new business ventures launched by entrepreneurs who are graduates from, or who are connected with, the University of Reading and Henley Business School. HBA members are provided the opportunity to invest in and mentor Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) or Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) registered early-stage businesses launched by local entrepreneurs and graduates.
HBA is set up under an operating company (HBA Ltd) with its own board and is run by an executive committee of members.
How Does HBA Function?
HBA holds regular events which include investment pitches, high profile guest speakers and networking receptions.
The HBA website provides access to resources for start-up businesses, including useful links, news and publications.
Who are the Members?
The members are self-certified investors, high net worth individuals or successful company leaders who invest (or are interested to invest) in high growth early-stage businesses.
How Do You Become a Member?
Membership is by application. The application form and membership terms and conditions can be found on the HBA website here.
There is an annual membership fee payable to HBA which will entitle the member to access investment opportunities and the entrepreneurship community at both the University of Reading and Henley Business School.
How Do Members Benefit?
HBA offers its members the following range of benefits:
- Access to high quality and carefully selected investment opportunities from entrepreneurs with a link to the University of Reading and Henley Business School
- Quarterly pitch presentation events and regular networking opportunities
- Joining a supportive and friendly sophisticated investor network
- Access to both current and alumni students from the University of Reading and Henley Business School through schemes such as the Reading Internship Scheme and Capstone Projects
- Invitation to a full programme of events held at the Henley Business School throughout the year
- An exclusive year's free membership with the UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA)
- Support throughout the investment process, including an exclusive discount to the UKBAA's Angel Investor e-learning course
- Detailed summaries of investments
- Support through our established strong links with professional services providers, such as accountants, solicitors, and banks
- Help to select an appropriate professional to assist investors with the funding process and business development issues
- Access to our exceptional contacts within the research and higher education institutions that we can connect you with if specialist technical advice is sought
Applications for Funding
HBA is currently open to receive applications for funding from entrepreneurs. Please visit the HBA website for more information.
Inviting Interested Persons to Join HBA
If you are interested in joining HBA, please get in contact with Chris Rees, Co-Managing Director of Henley Business Angels Ltd, by emailing email@example.com
The current funding round dates can be found on our website here.
Interested to learn more or get involved? Visit our website here.
HBA is sponsored by Harrison Clark Rickerbys. HBA is also a member of the UKBAA, who provide training to members, access to its resources and help with forging links with other business angel networks to share deal flows.