Henley Coaching Business Boot Camp 2021
|5 - 9 July 2021
|10:00-15:00 (Timezone: Europe/London)
Starting and growing a business is a challenge. The one consistent feedback from new coaches is 'we have learned how to coach but how can we learn how to run a business?' This five-day programme is Henley Business School's answer to that question. A five-day business growth boot camp to help you get fit (or get fitter) to run your coaching practice.
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- tailor your proposition
- understand your customer
- start promoting your business
- understand social media effectively, so that you can generate leads
- make sales
The programme is delivered by the Rebel Business School, who are experts in helping entrepreneurs find better ways to start and manage their businesses, with input from our experts at Henley Business School including Professor Jonathan Passmore, Jurek Sikorski and a host of successful coaches and entrepreneurs.
As a global provider of coach training, we have coaching students across the world. This event will therefore run online, to enable you to access it from wherever you are in the world. The Boot Camp will be held between 5-9 July 2021. The joining instructions and Zoom link will be mailed to participants a few days before the programme start date.
To sign up, please register here.
The fees to register are as follows:
Current Henley Business School student on the PhD in Coaching, MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change, Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching (PCEC, previously PCiC), Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching or Professional Certificate in Supervision (PCiS) courses: Free
Current Henley Business School member of faculty, coaching tutor or associate: Free
Henley Business School alumni: £49
Henley Coaching Centre members: £99
External attendees: £495
The programme details are as follows:
Day One: Monday 5 July 2021
Get into the Entrepreneurial Mindset and Understand Your Customer
- Welcome – Professor Jonathan Passmore
- Warm-Up Exercise
- What's Stopping You from Starting?
- Transitioning from an Organisation to a Start-Up
- The Entrepreneur's Journey
- Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Secrets of Setting Up a Business Quickly
- Bootstrapping and Five Techniques to Get Going
- Focus – on One Idea and One Customer
- Identify Your 10 Golden Clients
- Practical: Define your customer.
Key Takeaway: The better you know your customer, the better you will be able to tailor your value proposition and have success in making sales
Day Two: Tuesday 6 July 2021
- Getting Over Impostor Syndrome
- Resilience - Pitches vs. Sales
- Sell First
- Pricing and Structuring Your Offer
- Time Management
- The Power of Pictures and Video
- Reduce Recovery Time After Every Rejection and Collecting the NO's
- Practical: Design email or method chosen, share it with another participant and do it. Do one call and share your learnings.
Key Takeaway: Out of all the people that hear about a product or service, only a small number will be interested in finding out more and an even smaller number will want to make a purchase
Day Three: Wednesday 7 July 2021
- Think Big and Use Many Methods to Reach Customers - Tips for each
- How to Create Adverts that Work
- Plan Your Promotion - Do more than you think you need
- Know Your Competitors - Success leaves clues
- How to Use Social Media to Get Going and Find Customers
- How to Use Hashtags
- What Makes a Good Website
- Making Sales - Getting trust, confidence and keeping it going
- Practical: Build your website or get constructive feedback on your website.
Key Takeaway: Be sure to adopt the rule of engagement, which is 'Like, Comment and Follow'
Day Four: Thursday 8 July 2021
Putting Everything Together
- Customer Journey
- How to Build Connections and Get Them to Help You
- SEO and Getting Up the Google Rankings
- 12 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website
- The Sales Funnel and Getting Customers
- Finance and Legal Panel
- Practical: Workshop to work on your biggest challenge and take that difficult step.
Key Takeaway: Grab attention, raise interest, establish a feeling and emotional connection with the customer and take action.
Day Five: Friday 9 July 2021
Expert Advice and Get Started
- Expert Advice (from expert coaches and entrepreneurs at different stages of their journey and HHRR)
- Expert Advice (continuation)
- Practical: Learnings
- Choose Your Attitude
- 12 Pop-Up Principles to Help You Get Going
Key Takeaway: Learn and put it to practice – better done than perfect.
If this programme has not been enough and you want more you can check out the mini-course 'Marketing your Coaching Business', designed by one of the UK's leading coaching business experts, Michael Beale. You can find out more details about this programme on the Henley Centre for Coaching website.
The Henley Centre for Coaching is a global leader in coaching research and coach training. We are the only triple-accredited coaching provider in the world offering both postgraduate university qualifications in coaching and accreditation from the Association for Coaching (AC), the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC). The Centre provides formal accredited coach training through our Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching and MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change, and accredited supervision training through our Professional Certificate in Supervision. These programmes are delivered in the UK at our Greenlands campus, and at venues across the world. The Centre provides continuous professional development for coaching professionals through masterclasses, webinars, conferences, and via online access to journals, ebooks and coaching research.
These are all delivered through our online learning platform, meaning coaches can connect from anywhere in the world to engage in professional development. The Henley coaching team consists of leading practitioners and academics who have shaped the coaching profession since the late 1990s. They have written many of the most popular coaching books and they continue to publish in leading management journals and to contribute at conferences worldwide. Their writing, thinking and research informs our teaching and ensures our programmes are at the cutting edge of coaching practice. The Centre offers annual membership to all professional coaches, providing a virtual-learning environment where the members shape research and practice in coaching. Check out our website for details on how we can help you and your business come to life.
This event is sponsored by Lumina Learning and CoachHub.