Mark Casson is an Economist who teaches and researches at the interface of entrepreneurship, international business and economic history.
Prof Casson uses formal economic models and econometric techniques to research issues that are usually investigated using more qualitative and discursive methods.
Teaching Experience (Courses)
- The Economics of International Business
- Globalisation and the History of Western Capitalism
Current Professional roles
- Fellow of the British Academy, Academy of International Business and the Royal Society of Arts
- Freeman of the City of London
- Consulting editor of the Journal of World Business
- Subject expert on the Scientific Committee of the Chartered Association of Business Schools
- Member of the UK rail industry's Passenger Demand Forecasting Council.
- Advisor and consultant to the UK Department of Trade and Industry 1999-2009,
- World Bank consultant
Professor Casson teaches on the MSc in Entrepreneurship and delivers the Economics of International Business masterclass.
- International Business
- Business History
- Economic History
- Medieval History