At a glance
- Understand what organisational design is, how it drives change, and its value to customers, management and shareholders
- Recognise the core principles and tests of an effective design for your organisation
- Gain a methodology, tools and frameworks for undertaking organisational design
- Explore practical examples and an interactive case study to enable you to apply this in practice
- Subject area(s)
- People & Organisational Change
- Short course
- £2,350+VAT (in-person)
- Course length
- 2 days (in-person)
- Suitable for
- OD and business change practitioners; HR leaders and business partners; other leaders and professionals charged with delivering organisational (re)design
Organisational design is the process of aligning the structure, workflows and resources of an organisation with its objectives in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The need for organisational design can come from mergers, new products and services, cost reduction initiatives and broad change initiatives.
The Organisational Design Masterclass is a programme that covers what organisational design is and how to implement it in your organisation, with practical examples.
To find out more about your stay at Greenlands, read our Visiting Greenlands - COVID 19 safety information page.
Understand and articulate the difference good design can make to the effectiveness and efficiency of your organisation
Develop in-demand skills as an organisational design practitioner, understanding your existing strengths and development needs
Gain methodologies, tools and frameworks that you can immediately apply
Collaborate with peers in a supportive learning environment
Standard rate VAT is applicable for UK businesses; overseas businesses based in the EU without a VAT number; and individuals based in the UK, EU or rest of the world.
Henley's People & Organisational Change masterclasses are delivered through the presentation and exploration of key ideas, peer discussion, group learning and case studies. Each masterclass:
- Focuses on organisational context, encouraging you to consider and discuss your own challenges
- Integrates soft skills and practice with theory, helping you develop the confidence and credibility you need to get results back in the workplace
- Gives you immediate practical takeaways such as an action plan aligned with your personal learning objectives
- Provides the opportunity to engage with a supportive peer network
You will look at topics including:
- What is organisational design?
- The value of organisational design to customers, management and shareholders
- Principles and tests of effective organisational design
- Key tools, frameworks and methodologies for organisational design
- Trends and emerging themes in organisational design
- Case study - organisational design in action
- How to get started
Programme Director Paul Lambert is a senior HR practitioner with over 25 years of international experience in strategic workforce planning, organisational design and change management. He is also a founder of the European Organisational Design Forum (EODF).
The following reductions are available on programmes fees
- 10% for Henley alumni*
- 10% for members of The Henley Partnership
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple open programmes are booked. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility**.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
A 50% discount is available to registered charities.
It is subject to eligibility and available at Henley Business School's discretion**
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading) not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
For more information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2022)
(Executive Education 2022: Top 50 combined ranking and school profiles)
(Financial Times Executive Education programme rankings 2022)
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.
You might also like
Effective HR Business Partnering
Understand the fundamentals of effective HR business partnering as well as practical approaches to talent and people management.
Leading Change and Organisational Development Masterclass
Develop the skills and mindset needed to lead change within your organisation with this new Leading Change and Organisational Development masterclass.
Strategic Workforce Planning Masterclass
The Strategic Workforce Planning masterclass equips you with the skills to proactively align your workforce with the organisation's current and long-term business plan.