Entries for 2023 have now closed. The winner will be notified in confidence by early July and announced in the Autumn.
Now in its eleventh year, the Women in Leadership scholarship is designed to offer practical support for the development of strong female talent and reflects the shared mission of the three partner institutions to encourage gender balance in leadership teams.
The competition is open to both women and men, recognising that men have a role to play in supporting women in leadership, at both an individual and organisational level. We welcome entries from those who have relevant experience in the workplace either in managing a team, running a project or planning strategy. Entries need to answer, in no more than 800 words, the question:
'Affordable and flexible childcare is a challenge that concerns everyone. What role can employers and policymakers play?'
Entries must be submitted using the official application form, which can be downloaded at the top of this page. The winner will receive a fully-funded place worth up to £44,500 on our part-time Executive MBA - Global or Flexible Executive MBA programme starting in September/October 2023.
Deadline for entry: 22 May 2023 at 5pm.
- Dr Ana Graça, Interim Programme Director, Executive MBA - Global
- Laura Whitcombe, Global Campaign Manager, 30% Club
- Harriet Arnold, Assistant Editor, Financial Times Special Reports
It is important that participants draw not only on data, research and other evidence to support their arguments but also their own personal experience, which could include examples of initiatives they have worked on, or are in the process of designing.
We want submissions which make us think differently - challenge the status quo and demonstrate a real understanding of the dilemmas faced.
Up to 10 finalists will be shortlisted from all entries received by the deadline.
Participants do not need to apply for an Executive MBA place before entering this competition, but are expected to check that they qualify for entry on to the programme.
Please see our terms and conditions
Hear from some of our highest placed entrants
- Read the essay entry from Cara Wilson, winner of the Women in Leadership Scholarship 2022.
- Women in Leadership Scholarship winner 2021, Marta Garcia, has written a blog about her experience and why you should apply for the competition this year.
- Read runner-up, Alison Huntington's, essay entry for the 2021 competition.