Skip to main content

Degree certificates


Attending the ceremony

If you attend your graduation ceremony your certificate will be handed to you during the ceremony, after you walk across the stage and descend from the steps before returning to your seat.

If once you have received your certificate you have any queries please email us at

Graduating in absence

If you register to graduate in absence via the RISIS portal, you will be asked to confirm your delivery address. We will send your certificate to this confirmed address in the weeks following graduation.

If you are a Henley Africa student please note that, due to the unreliability of the South African postal system, if you provide us with a delivery address in South Africa your certificate will instead be couriered en-masses to the Henley Africa office in Paulshof, Jo'burg. You will then be able to collect your certificate at the Henley Africa Graduation event later in 2024, or at a different time arranged directly with Henley Africa colleagues.

Please note if your address is not confirmed or is incomplete your certificate will not be posted. We keep such certificates on file for 12 months following the relevant ceremony before securely destroying them. If do not provide us with a delivery address within these 12 months you will be liable for a replacement certificate charge upon requesting your certificate.

Deferring your graduation

If you opt to defer your graduation to September 2025, this includes both attendance at a ceremony and also the production/receipt of your degree certificate. You will not receive your certificate until you have formally graduated at a future ceremony. If you are unsure whether you opted to graduate in absence or defer please view your confirmation screens on your RISIS Portal or contact us at

Replacement Certificates

Replacement degree certificates (MBAs and DBAs post-1997)

If you have lost or damaged your degree certificate, we can issue a replacement at a cost of £40.

Please print and complete the replacement degree certificate form and email it to Alternatively, you can post the form to us at the following address: Graduation Office, University of Reading, JJ Thomson Building - Room G30, Whiteknights Campus, Pepper Lane, Reading, RG6 6ED

Payment is made via the online payment system. Please ensure you both pay online and send us the completed and signed replacement degree certificate form.

We will endeavour to issue replacement certificates within 15 working days of receiving your request form and payment but it can take longer during busy periods of the year.

Any requests received in the two weeks leading up to any of our Graduation Ceremonies (July, September. December) will not be processed until after graduation and may take 15 working days from this time.

How your name will appear

Replacement certificates are issued in what was your official name at the time of study. This will be either the name on your student record or printed in the original ceremony order of proceeding document. Where a student has changed their name since graduating we cannot print the new name on the replacement certificate unless there are exceptional circumstances (change in gender identity or administrative error). Read the Student Name Change Policy.

What the certificate will look like

The certificate may differ in style from the original. The signatories may also have changed since the issue of the original.

Awards and Degrees before 1997

If you obtained your degree before 1997, you will need to contact Brunel University, as they were the awarding body of your degree at this time. Their email address is:

Academic Transcripts and Statements of Attendance

If you require an academic transcript please contact the our colleagues at the Greenlands campus.

If you require statement to confirm your attendance at Henley, please contact your Programme Administrator. If you are unsure who this is please contact