Real Estate - Understanding the Global Challenges - Providing the Research and Education Solutions (Lagos)
A Special Alumni Event in Lagos, Nigeria, with a focus on Real Estate and Planning
|Date||9th September 2018|
|Time||5:00pm - 8:00pm|
Prior to the African Real Estate Society Conference in Abeokuta (11-14 September), the Department of Real Estate and Planning at Henley Business School, University of Reading will be hosting a special alumni event in Lagos.
The event is open to our Henley Business School and University of Reading alumni in Nigeria and to interested Real Estate professionals and educators in Lagos.
Our evening together will feature key presentations celebrating 50 years of academic excellence in Real Estate and Planning at Henley Business School and the University of Reading. We’ll reflect on the global challenges facing the real estate sector today, and share updates on our latest real estate research. A networking session with canapes and drinks will round off our evening. It will be a fantastic opportunity to make connections, meet fellow alumni and link up with representatives from the Nigerian real estate sector.
Tickets are FREE but booking is required. Sign up now to secure your place!
Venue: Four Points by Sheraton, Lagos, Plot 9/10 Block 2, Oniru Chieftaincy Estate, Victoria-Island
Timings & programme:
18:15 Arrival & Registration
18:45 Main programme begins:
- Welcoming words, Tayo Odunsi, CEO at Northcourt Real Estate (MSc Real Estate, Finance and Investment, 2011)
- The African Real Estate Society (AfRES) - Promoting Real Estate Research and Education, Akin Olawore, President at the Nigerian British Chamber of Commerce (NBCC) and CEO/Principal Partner at Akin Olawore & Co Chartered Surveyors (AOC)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Nigeria, Gbenga Ismail, Vice-Chairman, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Nigeria
- What are the primary forces re-defining Real Estate on a Global Basis today? Associate Professor Eamonn D’Arcy, Associate Professor of Real Estate Finance, Henley Business School
- How Politics and Policies Affect Investors' Returns and Values of Real Estate Companies: Analysing Brexit, Trump’s actions on Obama Care and UN-led move to promote sustainable investment, we show how these events affect investors’ returns and the value of real estate companies in US and Europe. The presentation will end with some considerations about the potential implication of such results in Africa. Professor Gianluca Marcato, Professor of Finance and Real Estate, Henley Business School
- Question and Answer session, chaired by Eamonn D'Arcy, Associate Professor of Real Estate Finance, Henley Business School
20:00 Networking Drinks Reception
21:00 Event close
Follow the event at #HenleyRealEstateLagos