Effective HR Business Partnering Part 2
Programme fee: £1,175 + VAT*
*A discount is applied if all four 1-day strategic HR masterclasses are booked together - £4,300 + VAT
Programme length: 1 day
One of two 1-day HR Business Partnering masterclasses; see also Effective HR Business Partnering Part 1
Part 2: Building a deeper business partnering skill-set
Our two business partnering masterclasses offer a stimulating mix of input, exploration and peer discussion over a range of topics relevant to the partnering role.
Effective HR Business Partnering Part 2 is about upskilling beyond the fundamentals of the HR Business Partner role.
This masterclass focuses on how to add greater value across the business in specific people process areas such as:
- Talent identification and review
- Performance management
- Succession planning
- Effective use of HR metrics.
Which HR Business Partnering masterclass should you take part in?
Part 1 focuses on the more behavioural side and fundamentals of partnering excellence, whilst Part 2 builds skills and knowledge around how to add value to the specific people process areas.
These are independent programmes. Whether you take both masterclasses or just one depends on your own role, current challenges and career plans. Although designed to build upon the foundation of Part 1, Part 2 can also stand alone and will appeal to those wanting to build their expertise in these specific and increasingly critical areas.
Examining, discussing and closing gaps in knowledge in specialist areas such as:
- The changing content for talent management
- Talent management strategies
- Running effective talent reviews
- Performance management - the different approaches
- Effective succession planning
- Talent data and effective use of HR metrics.
Includes checking understanding of the business partner role.
- Understand how your current capability stacks up against industry best practice, and translate this to the context of your role
- Close technical knowledge gaps and further develop your confidence and strategic mind-set
- Work with a supportive peer group who share similar challenges
- Build on your fundamental HR partnering skills and develop skills relevant to the management of talent and performance, topics which are of increasing importance to the HR business partner role.
For your organisation
- Technically proficient, motivated and confident HR professionals
- Employees who have the mind-set and strategic capability to play a more proactive role in the business, in particular leading in areas such as talent management and succession planning.
Capability is the key differentiator in strategic deployment and gaining or maintaining competitive advantage. Organisations that sponsor participants through this masterclass will ensure they have that capability - HR business partners who are commercial, business outcome-focused and skilled in supporting, advising, coaching and challenging business leaders.
See the Henley HR masterclasses brochure for more learning points and outcomes.
Location and facilities
The Henley HR masterclass difference
Our four HR masterclasses are all delivered with a focus on organisational context; participants are encouraged to consider and discuss their own challenges. With each topic we look at the relevant technical information alongside the soft skills needed, ensuring participants have the confidence and credibility to use their knowledge effectively back in the workplace.
Henley HR masterclasses:
- Are designed and delivered by a programme director who is an experienced senior HR professional and a skilled facilitator, and who has undertaken research into the HR discipline
- Have immediate practical takeaways such as an action plan aligned with personal learning objectives
- Ensure a setting with greater empathy – Henley faculty understand the increasing complexity of the HR role
- Provide peer-networking and a relevant support network to take away.
Who is Effective HR Business Partnering Part 2 for?
In addition to both new and experienced HR business partners, and consultants and managers working alongside these roles, Part 2 is aimed at:
- Senior HR business partners wanting to perfect their skills and drive value
- Specifically those in centres of excellence focusing on the development and performance of talent, and leadership succession planning
- High-potential HR talent, or those transitioning into a HR business partner role
- HR specialists working across the business
- Anyone business partnering with a HR focus
- HR leaders looking to understand how they might develop their wider HR population, and looking at these specific people areas.
We pride ourselves on understanding the need to create an environment which is both relaxing and comfortable enabling work and study to be focused and effective. From our unique riverside location to our impressive amenities, we provide an ideal environment for meeting success.
How to find us (PDF-1.15 MB)
Balancing busy work schedules with relaxation and exercise is an important aspect of our approach at Henley. The fully equipped and professionally staffed Fitness Centre with views overlooking the beautiful grounds and River Thames has everything needed to restore a sense of well being.
At our Greenlands site we provide a variety of meeting rooms and conference facilities. Our rooms have been designed with an emphasis on practicality with many of our rooms benefiting from the latest presentation equipment to ensure that your meeting runs smoothly.
The conference rooms at Greenlands, Henley, all feature air conditioning, natural daylight and excellent acoustics, as well as state-of-the-art AV and presentation technology controlled by bluetooth touch screens, free WiFi access, laptop connections, networked PC and large screens. Our larger rooms also have repeater screens. Each conference room has access to dedicated syndicate and break-out rooms and refreshment areas close by. Stationery, flipcharts, photocopying facilities and whiteboards are included as standard.
All syndicate and meeting rooms at Henley are fitted with a large screen, networked PC, whiteboards and have free WiFi access and laptop connections. River House 1-14 are also fitted with Copycam, allowing users to capture whiteboard notes at the touch of a button. Digital recorders, video and stills cameras are also available on request. All are laid out boardroom style.
We have 100 rooms including some with disabled facilities. All rooms are en-suite & include a safe, trouser press, laptop connection with free Wi-Fi access, direct dial telephone, satellite TV with radio, Molton Brown toiletries, tea & coffee making facilities and a hair dryer. Photograph of Thames Court accommodation.
Full English breakfast is served in our main dining room, which overlooks the River Thames. Our dedicated staff maintain the facility 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All guest rooms receive daily housekeeping services.
When it comes to dining, we offer you choice, quality and flexibility. We understand that you also want facilities that are conducive to networking, and dining arrangements that integrate seamlessly with the other aspects of your day. Henley is renowned for both its excellent standards of service and the high quality of cuisine. The chefs and their professional staff are able to offer the sophistication of a memorable evening dinner in the spacious dining room, with its views over the lawns down to the Thames.
Fresh, varied breakfasts are prepared by award-winning chefs and served each morning in the beautiful, riverside restaurant - the Heyworth Room.
Several tea and coffee areas are situated throughout the buildings, the Garden Common Room is situated beside the Heyworth Room and is open throughout the day and evening offering a wide range of Fairtrade drinks and a selection of biscuits. The bar is open each evening serving a full range of drinks.
Henley Conference Centre and Hotel
Set in its own 30 acre estate in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, alongside the River Thames, this magnificent Grade II Listed Building offers excellent conference, meeting and event facilities and provides a spectacular setting for any gathering. For more information about booking our beautiful facilities please visit the Henley Conferences website.
History of Greenlands
Records indicate that there has been a house on our Greenlands site for 500 years, although the house would have originally been much closer to the river.
Greenlands has been home to a series of notable families and individuals throughout its lifetime. These include Thomas Chaucer, son of Geoffrey Chaucer; Robert D'Oyley, Sheriff of Oxfordshire in 1573; Bulstrode Whitelock, Oliver Cromwell's Ambassador to Sweden and most recently WH Smith, who bought the existing house in 1871. Queen Elizabeth I is also known to have visited on more than one occasion, most likely when staying at her royal palace in Reading.
The site became the home of a new Administrative Staff College in 1946, first welcoming students in 1948. In 1952, after the unexpected death of Viscount Hambleden from whom the College leased the site, an opportunity to purchase Greenlands' 30 acres arose. The College was renamed Henley Management College in 1991, and following the 2008 merger with the University of Reading became Henley Business School. Today, the world-ranked Henley MBA, The Henley DBA and our executive education programmes are delivered at Greenlands.
Points of view
- HR – choose wisely, but invest
- The modern challenge to HR by Nick Kemsley
- Does performance management do more harm than good?
- Next generation HR by Nick Kemsley
- Talent management: Where are we now? by Nick Kemsley
- Brex-ploration- The search for clarity in a post-referendum climate by Nick Kemsley
- Zero based HR, research led by David Birchall
- HR- a glimpse of the future? by Nick Kemsley
- How HR can be commercial by Dominic Swords
- HR must invest in capability to stay relevant
Offers & Discounts
A discount is available if all four one-day Strategic HR masterclasses are booked together - £3,100 + VAT
- 10% discount on programme fee for Henley alumni
- 10% reduction on the programme fee for members of The Henley Partnership
For more information please contact email@example.com
A 50% discount is available to employees of registered charities - please note that the discount is applied at Henley Business School's discretion and to confirm eligibility please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only one discount can apply.
The Henley Experience
Helping you become exceptional is at the heart of everything we do. The Henley Experience is highly practical, collaborative and academically rigorous. We develop confident leaders and professionals who are able to take a fresh perspective and have the energy, capability and resilience to ensure that they and their organisations are successful.
THE HENLEY EXPERIENCE:
- Rigour & relevance
The Henley Experience is much more than a set of principles. It is ingrained in our spirit and fundamental to our purpose and heritage, characterising the way we can help you to deliver exceptional performance.
We engage with you at the deepest level, fostering a shared spirit of curiosity, exploration, investigation and learning. We collaborate with you in order to challenge assumptions and mindsets, and get to the heart of the real business issues you face.
By creating a safe environment that promotes self-reflection, you are able to ask yourself those crucial questions that allow you to learn more about what informs your strategic business decisions and actions.
We work closely with you to diagnose your strategic individual and organisational aims. We then identify programmes that are best aligned to these goals, or we can co-evolve a learning design specifically aimed at achieving these strategic outcomes.
RIGOUR & RELEVANCE
We draw on world-class research and originate leading-edge thinking – but theory remains theory unless it is applied to real-world business. All of our programmes are delivered by experienced faculty who integrate academic rigour with commercial application. What you learn translates into business results.
Our customers rely on our long history and global reputation for successful executive development. These strengths underlie our responsible and collaborative way of working with you to co-create the very best executive learning experiences and commercial outcomes.
At Henley we know we cannot just be exceptional – we are here to help you become exceptional.