At a glance
- Articulate the value that strategic workforce planning can bring to your organisation
- Learn how to map your business strategy to your people strategy
- Strengthen your people and process skills
- Gain a practical five-step planning process to use within your organisation
- The Henley People & Organisational Change Pathway: complete any three of our People & Organisational Change programmes for a powerful holistic developmental journey.
- Short course
- £995 (live-online) + VAT; £1,175 (in-person) + VAT
- Course length
- Taught over 2 weeks (live-online), 1 x full-day session (in-person)
- Suitable for
- HR managers, senior HR professionals, HR business partners, and others tasked with business planning or organisational development
- In-person, Live-online
All programmes are subject to limited availability. We recommend booking a minimum of 30 days before the programme start date, to guarantee sufficient time for your enrolment and on-boarding.
Strategic workforce planning (SWP) involves proactively identifying your organisation's long-term business needs and developing an effective workforce plan to meet them. Yet despite its business-critical nature, many organisations do not understand the value of SWP or how to deliver it.
This live-online masterclass gives you the skills needed to lead in this area of organisational development. You will learn how to align your people resources with the organisation's business plan by getting the right people in the right place, at the right time, with the right skills. You will also leave with a five-step process to help you deliver SWP in your organisation.
The course content and case study reflect the current organisational design challenges resulting from the COVID-19 crisis. These include the sustainability of hard choices such as layoffs; matching the current workforce to the available work; and making rapid choices including redeployment or the delivery of new products and services.
Demystify SWP and understand the value it can deliver
Leave with a practical five-step process that you can apply within your organisation
Move from an operational to a strategic focus
Have better discussions with your business customers and support partners
£995 (live-online) + VAT; £1,175 (in-person, including residential costs) + VAT
Standard rate VAT is applicable for UK businesses; overseas businesses based in the EU without a VAT number; and individuals based in the UK, EU, or rest of the world.
Henley's People & Organisational Change masterclasses are delivered through the presentation and exploration of key ideas, peer discussion, group learning and case studies. Each masterclass:
- Focuses on organisational context, encouraging you to consider and discuss your own challenges
- Integrates soft skills and practice with theory, helping you develop the confidence and credibility you need to get results back in the workplace
- Gives you immediate practical takeaways such as an action plan aligned with your personal learning objectives
- Provides the opportunity to engage with a supportive peer network
The Strategic Workforce Planning masterclass is available live-online, delivered as two half-day facilitated interactive sessions, enabling real-time engagement and discussion.
You will look at topics including:
- What is strategic workforce planning and why is it important?
- Mapping your business strategy - what does it mean in practice for your people and talent?
- Analysing your current and future workforce
- How to integrate the SWP five-step planning process into your organisation
- How SWP translates to operational realities like hiring, promotions, retention, rewards and people development
Programme Director Paul Lambert is a senior HR practitioner with over 25 years of international experience in strategic workforce planning, organisational design, and change management.
The following reductions are available on programmes fees
- 10% for Henley alumni*
- 10% for members of The Henley Partnership
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple open programmes are booked. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility**.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
A 50% discount is available to registered charities.
It is subject to eligibility and available at Henley Business School's discretion**
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading) not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
For more information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2023)
(Executive Education 2023: Top 50 combined ranking and school profiles)
(Financial Times Executive Education programme rankings 2022)
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.