At a glance
- Become a confident leader with conviction in your leadership style
- Understand the differences between management and leadership
- Explore the dynamics of high-performance teams and organisations – and understand how to create them
- Receive constructive, real-time feedback on your behaviour and interactions, providing a catalyst for change
- Subject area(s)
- Short course
- £7,795 + VAT (including residential costs)
- Course length
- 5.5 days + 1 day
- Suitable for
- Senior leaders, high potential executives at all levels and entrepreneurs
In-person delivery will take place in accordance with, and subject to, the latest government guidance and measures put in place by the University of Reading.
The Advanced Personal Leadership Programme is a tailored and entirely practical course. Taught through group work, real-life leadership challenges and 1:1 coaching, it lets you experiment with new behaviours in a safe and supportive space.
Through direct, real-time feedback you will have the opportunity to see yourself as others see you. This process can act as a catalyst for profound conversations and real personal change, helping to make you a more effective leader.
Working as part of a small, supportive cohort of peers, you will explore your leadership strengths and areas for development. You will come away from the programme with a personal leadership development plan, helping you make an immediate practical impact back in your organisation.
Strengthen your ability to recognise, diagnose and manage challenging or sensitive issues within your team/organisation
Understand how to inspire and motivate your team/organisation
Witness the impact of different leadership approaches and the reactions they can cause
Network and share ideas with a small group of peers from diverse backgrounds
£7,395 + VAT (including residential costs)
Standard rate VAT is applicable for UK businesses; overseas businesses based in the EU without a VAT number; and individuals based in the UK, EU, or rest of the world.
The Advanced Personal Leadership Programme is entirely practical, delivered through group work and discussions, real-life leadership challenges and one-to-one coaching. You will 'learn by doing' and explore the leadership styles that work for you.
The programme runs for a total of six and a half days:
Three to four weeks before your course starts, you will:
Module 1 enables you to tackle real leadership challenges and examine different leadership approaches. It culminates in a personal leadership development plan.
In this module, you will look at:
In this module, you will:
We invite you to remain within the Henley Business School community post-programme. You can:
*The module or course content descriptions set out on this page are correct for those being taught in the current academic year. Modules or course content marked as optional are indicative and may be subject to change. Please note, constraints in timetable scheduling may mean you are unable to take some optional modules at the same time as others.
"This is anything but a traditional programme ... it had a real impact on me – from start to finish. It was the best management training experience I have had."
"I really wasn’t prepared for how personal this programme is, but I suppose the clue is in the title! It’s unlike anything I’ve experienced."
"I stretched myself more than I could ever have believed possible. I jumped right out of my comfort zone, but in a way that I never felt exposed, and that’s a very liberating feeling."
The following reductions are available on programmes fees
- 10% for Henley alumni*
- 10% for members of The Henley Partnership
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple open programmes are booked. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility**.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
A 50% discount is available to registered charities.
It is subject to eligibility and available at Henley Business School's discretion**
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading) not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
For more information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Set in sweeping parkland on the banks of the River Thames, Henley Business School's Greenlands campus provides an inspiring and reflective environment for focused work and study.
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2022)
(Executive Education 2022: Top 50 combined ranking and school profiles)
(Financial Times Executive Education programme rankings 2022)
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.
You might also like
High Performance Leadership (live-online)
Discover your leadership capability, understand when to lead and when to allow your team to take the reins with the High Performance Leadership programme.
Henley MA Board Practice and Directorship
The MA Board Practice and Directorship provides you with the knowledge and understanding to enhance your performance as a director and undertake applied research in governance.
Henley MA Leadership
Master the art of exceptional leadership and be the driving force behind the team with the Henley MA Leadership.