|Date||13 July 2022|
|Time||16:00-16:45 (Timezone: Europe/London)|
How our Executive MBA 'Managing Financial Resources' module helps leaders to really want to engage with financial information
At Henley, we refer to the finance module as Managing Financial Resources or sometimes, MFR. It’s a module we know that both prospective students and enrolled Executive MBA candidates can approach with some apprehension, and question what prior financial knowledge they require.
The finance module is a core course for both of our Executive MBA programmes, and this webinar is an opportunity for anyone thinking of applying for our UK-based September and October intakes (or for 2023) to find out more.
During the webinar Clare Calderan, Associate Professor in Financial Management will cover:
- The Henley approach to MBA Finance – from preparation with online materials to the three-day workshop that ends in a full investment appraisal
- Making the link between theory and confident use in the workplace – getting to the point where you not only can but want to engage in conversations about finance
- How to use financial data internally to drive performance
- What you’ll takeaway on completion of the Finance module – understanding financial language for confident communication, strategic decision-making, and learning to challenge the figures and assumptions made by others
- What prior financial knowledge or experience you’ll need
- Your questions about the topic and the Executive MBA programmes
Clare Calderan is an experienced lecturer and consultant in financial management and banking, with over 20 years of industry experience. She is a fellow of the ICAEW, and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, and holds a PGCLT.
You might also like
Henley Forum: Transition in a changing world Part 1 - Individual view
A recurring theme we are seeing emerge through our conversations with Henley Forum organisational partners is people trying to figure out the practicalities of new working patterns and practices.
The theme ‘Transition in a changing world’ will underpin our Henley Forum members’ programme for April 2022 – March 2023.
Advanced Course in Knowledge Management
Chris Collison leads this popular programme as it returns for its 11th year!
Greenlands Masterclass - The Quest for High Performance NEW
*Exclusive to Henley Partnership members*
This workshop focuses on three themes that are evidence-based and robust: the neuroscience of wellbeing, the psychology of leadership and job crafting to reshape the workplace.