Publications and highlights
The Centre for Euro-Asian Studies' academic staff research a wide variety of topics and publish extensively. A list of recent articles and books authored by our faculty can be found on their staff profiles and some of the highlights are listed below.
A notable highlight was the television appearance Professor Yelena Kalyuzhnova made on the China Global Television Network News show 'World Insight with Tian Wei'. Yelena discussed the mutually beneficial partnership between China and central Asia, along with the implications for economic and security concerns, regional stability and global power dynamics, and her discussion as part of an expert panel can be watched here.
The topic of the partnership between China and central Asia, one which has garnered significant public interest since the China-Central Asian Summit that took place on 19 May 2023, was covered in a notable piece of research that Professor Yelena Kalyuzhnova co-authored alongside Dr Irina Heim, Maria Richert and Professor Natalia Ribberink. This research article, titled 'Expected Levels of Sectoral Economic Integration: Implications of the Belt and Road Initiative Project for Resource-Rich Countries' and published in the European Journal of International Management, explores the sectoral economic integration from China's Belt and Road initiative.
Presentations at International Conferences
• Richert, M., Heim, I. and Kalyuzhnova, Y. Chinese Investment to Resource-Rich Countries: a Systematic Literature Review and Future Research Agenda. Regional Studies Association Winter Conference, 10-11 November 2022, London.
• Richert, M. Chinese Investments on Resource-Rich Countries: a Review and New Directions for Future Research. Emerging Market Institute Annual Conference, 3 November 2022, New York, USA.
• 'Can MNEs Contribute Toward Sustainability and the Achievement of the SDGs in the Absence of Official Governmental Action? Yes and Here are Some Examples How' panel, presentation of the research by Heim, I., Vigneau, A.C. and Kalyuzhnova, Y. Environmental and Socio-Economic Policies in Oil and Gas Regions: Triple Bottom Line Approach. 48th European International Business Academy Annual Conference 2022. 8-11 December 2022, Oslo, Norway.
• Heim, I. Plenary Academy of International Business Presidents Townhall: the Future of AIB Membership, Academy of International Business Annual Meeting, 6-9 July 2022, Miami, USA.
• Heim, I., Ribberink, N. and Richert, M. Foreign Direct Investment in Critical Infrastructure: Implications of the Belt and Road Initiative Project for Resource-Rich Countries. Academy of International Business Annual Meeting, 28 June - 2 July 2021 (online).
• Heim, I. and Crowley-Vigneau, A. Triple Bottom Line: Lessons on Environmental and Socio-Economic Value of Foreign Investments in the Russian Oil and Gas Regions.
• Heim, I. and Kalyuzhnova, Y. Win-Win Strategies for Firms Operating in Resource-Dependent Economies: Technological Spillover and Collaborative Diversification Policy. Academy of International Business, 1-8 July 2020 (online).
• Heim, I. and Wilhelm, C. Extractive Multinational Enterprises and Sustainable Development: a Comparative Study of a Least Developed and Emerging Resource-Rich Countries. Academy of International Business, 1-8 July 2020 (online).
• Heim, I. and Sardar-Drenda, N. To Change or Not to Change? Assessment of Willingness and Ability to Change in and their Predictors in the Global Digital Service Industry. European International Business Academy Conference, Leeds, December 2019.
• Heim, I. and Kalyuzhnova, Y. Win-Win Strategies for Firms Operating in Resource-Dependent Economies: Technological Spillover and Collaborative Diversification Policy. Paper development workshops, International Management and Strategic Management divisions. Junior Faculty Consortium International Management division. Academy of Management Annual 2019 Meeting in Boston, USA.
• Heim, I. Investments in the Digital Silk Road. 4th Annual Global Strategy and Emerging Markets (GSEM) Conference in Dallas, USA.
• Heim, I. Value Co-Creation and Local Content Development: Win-Win Strategies for the Oil and Gas Industry in Time of Digital Transformation. Academy of International Business UK and Ireland 2019 Conference.
• Heim, I., Han, T. and Ghobadian, A. Subsidiary Performance as a Result of a Value Co-Creation Process: a Case Study of a Digital Service Company. Academy of International Business Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, USA.
• Ambalov, V. and Heim, I. (2018). Cluster Nodes as a Unit for Value Co-Creation: the Role of Information Technologies in Competitiveness of the Oil and Gas Industry. In W Liu, K Nakata, W Li and C Baranauskas (Eds.). Proceedings of 18th International Federation for Information Processing Working Group 8.1 International Conference on Informatics and Semiotics in Organisations, International Conference on Informatics and Semiotics in Organisations 2018 (pp. 155-163). Reading, UK: Springer.
• Heim, I. (2018). Value Co-Creation and Local Content Development. British Academy of Management Conference BAM2018.
• Heim, I., Liu, K., and Kalyuzhnova, Y. Business Value of IT in Competitiveness of Kazakhstan's Energy Sector: the Role of International Oil and Gas Companies in Sustainable Development of the Local Industry. Academy of International Business Annual Meeting in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
• Heim, I., Kalyuzhnova, Y. and Liu, K. (2017). Business Value of IT in Competitiveness of Kazakhstan's Energy Sector - the Role of International Oil and Gas Companies in Sustainable Development of the Local Industry. British Academy of Management Conference BAM2017.
• Heim, I., Liu, K. and Kalyuzhnova, Y. Business Value of IT in Competitiveness of Kazakhstan's Energy Sector: The Role of International Oil and Gas Companies in Sustainable Development of the Local Industry. Academy of International Business Western-USA Chapter Annual Conference 2017.
• Delevic, U. and Heim, I. Institutions in Transition: Is the EU Integration Process Relevant for Inward Foreign Direct Investment in European Transition Economies? Academy of International Business Annual Meeting in New Orleans. British Academy of Management Conference BAM2016.
• Pomfret, R. (2014). Kazakhstan's 2030 Strategy: Goals, Instruments and Performance. In American Economic Association Annual Conference in Philadelphia (Vol. 4, pp. 2-3).
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Keynote speaker at United Nation Economic Commission for Europe-MGIMO-Henley Capacity building event for Special Programme for the Economies of Central Asia countries, MGIMO, Moscow, Russia, 21-23 October 2019.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Keynote speaker at the opening Hub of Central Asia of the British Council Creative Spark: Higher Education Enterprise Programme. 14 April 2019.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Keynote speaker, Local Content Policies in Kuwait. Executive Workshop for Kuwait National Oil Company. Kuwait City, Kuwait, 16 December 2018.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Speaker at the 11th session of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Team of Specialists on Innovation and Competitiveness, Geneva, Switzerland, 1-2 November 2018.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. The keynote speaker, Local Content in the Era of Anti-Globalisation, organised by National Agency on Local Content, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 27 July 2018.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. SKOLKOVO Energy Center workshop, The Future of Oil Production in Russia: Life Under Sanctions, the findings of which were submitted to all relevant Russian ministries and the presidential administration. March 2018.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Market Drivers and Opportunities in Social Infrastructure Projects. Deloitte and Islamic Research and Training Institute - Islamic Development Bank Group Executive Workshop. London. 28 November 2017.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Keynote speaker at the V Forum of the Mechanical Equipment Producers of Kazakhstan, with participation of Mr Mamin, the First-Deputy Prime Minister, who personally invited Professor Kalyuzhnova to provide advice to the Kazakhstani government on the issues of local content development and the World Trade Organisation. 20 September 2017.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Seminar on local content, Extractives-Led Local Economic Diversification Versus Local Content and the World Trade Organisation, organised by National Agency on Local Content, Astana, Kazakhstan, 21 June 2017.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Astana Economic Forum, presentation on Competitiveness of the Green Economy, 22 June 2017.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Astana Economic Forum, keynote speaker and moderator of EXPO-2017 - Energy for Sustainable Development Panel, 21-22 May 2015.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. The Economic Transformation of the Caspian Region and the Falling Price of Oil. House of Commons, 16 March 2015.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies. Seminar Local Content Development in Resource Rich Countries. Oxford, 19 November 2014.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. School of Oriental and African Studies University of London, Edith Penrose Centenary Conference, Kazakhstan: Long-Term Economic Growth and the Role of the Oil Sector. London, 15 November 2014.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Member of Intergovernmental Commission UK-Kazakhstan. Presentation at the roundtable on education. Astana, Kazakhstan, 5 November 2014.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Contribution to World Scenarios Series of the World Economic Forum, The Scenarios for the South Caucasus and Central Asia.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Institute of World Economy and International Relations of Russian Academy of Science (IMEMO) conference, financial sector in the oil exporting countries, The National Fund of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Emerging Market Bond Index and Financial Market Beyond 2008 Crisis. Moscow, Russia, 3 June 2014.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Astana Economic Forum, presentation Motivation of Civil Servants, 22 May 2014.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. House of Commons and British Institute of Energy Economics, delivered Kazakhstan: Oil and Gas in the 21st Century seminar. London, 8 May 2014.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Global University Summit (GUS), Business for Education. Education for Business. Moscow, Russia, 25 April 2014.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Gaidar Economic Forum, Russia and the World: Sustainable Development, delivered Henley Business School and the Real Business presentation. Moscow, Russia, 17 January 2014.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. American Economic Association Meeting, Allied Social Sciences Associations, Kazakhstan's Economic Strategy: Halfway to 2030 panel, presenting Kazakhstan: the Best Oil Magnate in the Commonwealth of Independent States? paper. Philadelphia, USA, 3 January 2014.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Institute of World Economy and International Relations of Russian Academy of Science (IMEMO) keynote speaker at the Central Asia: its Role in the World Energy Market conference. 9 December 2013.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. House of Commons and British Institute of Energy Economics, delivered International Dimensions of Russian Oil and Gas seminar as principle organiser. London, 5 July 2013.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Astana Economic Forum, Research in Public Administration. Astana, Kazakhstan, 22 May 2013.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. The World Economic Forum Strategic Dialogue on the Future of the South Caucasus and Central Asia. Baku, Azerbaijan, 7-8 April 2013, presentation by special invitation from the organisers and the Azeri government.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Gaidar Economic Forum Russia and the World: Challenges of Integration, Henley Business School's Insights on the Management Models of the Brazil, Russia, India and China Economies presentation. Moscow, Russia, 16 January 2013.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. British Institute of Energy Economics aacademic conference, European Energy in a Challenging World: the Impact of Emerging Markets, Implications of Local Content Policies for Oil and Gas Sectors, Oxford, 19 September 2012.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Challenges of the Entrepreneurship international conference, Local Content in Kazakhstan: Public View on the Entrepreneurship. Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow, Russia, 16 February 2012.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Public lecture, Local Content in Kazakhstan. Results of the Study for University College London Kazakh students, London, 9 February 2012.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Ditchley conference The Central Asian Republics and Their International Partners. The Ditchley Foundation, Oxford, 3-5 November 2011. The Ditchley Foundation is a privately-funded charity established in 1958 to promote transatlantic understanding. Since then Ditchley conferences have expanded to include the concerns and participation of nations from across the globe. They are designed as a resource for senior policy-makers and professional analysts from the fields of politics, the civil service, education, civil society, business, industry and the media to study specific policy questions in a broad context, to hear the views of other experts in the field and to draw operational or analytical conclusions. Between 35 and 45 participants attend conferences by invitation. The proceedings are informal and off-the-record, with emphasis placed on frank debate and oral dialogue rather than on set presentations. Orofessor Kalyuhnova acted as rapporteur for the Working Group and made it a presentation of main conclusions on energy sector and economic development.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Caspian Region: Companies, Governments, Policies paper presentation and briefing at the Eastern Research Group, Eastern Europe and Central Asia Directorate, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, London. September 2011.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. National Fund of the Republic of Kazakhstan - From Stress Test to Global Future paper at the panel The Aftermath of the Global Financial Crisis: Elaborations for Europe and Central Asia at the Western Economic Association International Conference, San Diego, USA, 30 June 2011.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Keynote paper, Local Content in Kazakhstan - Perceptions of Households, and keynote speaker at the seminar co-hosted by the CEAS and British-Kazakh Society, House of Lords, London, 15 June 2011. Special event dissemination of the main results of the work of the CEAS on INSPIRE Project.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Europeanisation of Energy Corridors: Nabucco Pipeline Project, Southern and Northern Corridor, Nabucco Project and Caspian Interests, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) (French National Centre for Scientific Research), the Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences PO), the Centre for Educational Research and Innovation (CERI) and the International Institute for Strategic Studies, Paris, France, 19-20 May 2011.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Special Local Content in Kazakhstan. Company's Strategy briefing at the Kaztransgas (Gas National Company), Astana, Kazakhstan, 27 April 2011. The specific recommendations were taken by the company which was in the process of reviewing their local content strategy.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Special Local Content in Kazakhstan. What the Households Think About it? briefing at the National Agency on Local Content Development, Astana, Kazakhstan. 26 April 2011. The specific recommendations were taken into consideration by the National Agency on Local Content Development during designing the national strategy on local content development in Kazakhstan.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Public lecture, Local Content in Kazakhstan. New Way of Development? at the Institute of Political Solutions, Almaty, Kazakhstan. 22 April 2011. This paper received a wider coverage in Kazakhstani press and was re-printed by many journals and newspapers.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. and Nygaard, C. Local Content Policy in Kazakhstan - Result of the Household Survey presentation at the seminar series by Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, Oxford, 16 March 2011.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Domestic Elites and Policy Making in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan conference on The Energy Sector and the Political Stability of Regimes in the Caspian Area research project, Spending Petro-Dollars. Selected as principle discussant at the Resource Challenges of the Caspian Oil Boom. Participation sponsored by the Volkswagen Foundation. Bremen, Germany, 16-17 December 2010.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Round table on Emerging Market Economies in Central Asia. Sponsored by Volkswagen Foundation. Gottingen, Germany, 13 November 2010. Invited to address the round table as an expert on the economic development of the region.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. National Fund of the Republic of Kazakhstan - From Stress Test to Global Future, presented at the seminar series Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, Oxford, 3 November 2010.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. 6th Global Local Content Summit, The Role of Local Content in the Economic Development of Resource-Rich Countries. London, 27-30 September 2010. The Global Local Content Summit is the largest and most prestigious annual gathering of senior local content decision makers from across the globe.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. International Council for Central and East European Studies VIII World Congress, Stockholm, Sweden, 25-31 July 2010. The CEAS hosted a panel and a paper, 'Resource Nationalism, Credit Growth and State-Owned Investment Vehicles in Russia and Kazakhstan', was presented together with A. Nygaard.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. 5th Annual Kazakhstan Growth Forum, Local Content in the Caspian Region. London, 16 June 2010. The Kazakhstan Growth Forum is Europe's leading event on investing doing business in Kazakhstan, attracting 300 top-level participants even amidst the economic challenges of 2009. This event is also a key meeting place for high-level decision-makers from the Kazakhstani government and the corporate sector, foreign strategic investors, international financiers and leading experts and academics on the region.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. Oil and Gas Conference, organised by the Petrosam programme board of the Research Council of Norway (similar to ESRC), 9 June 2010, Oslo, Norway. Special invitation to assess work on the project Resource Nationalism in the Caspian Region with a Special Focus on Kazakhstan.
• Kalyuzhnova, Y. RussCasp Strategic Forum, Kazakhstan: Understanding the Government's Approach to International Oil Companies. Oslo, Norway, 11 March 2010.
The CEAS was invited to make a contribution into work of many international organisations. A selection is listed below:
- Kalyuzhnova, Y. Keynote speaker, Local Content Policies in Kuwait executive workshop for Kuwait National Oil Company. Kuwait City, Kuwait, 16 December 2018.
- Kalyuzhnova, Y. Speaker at the 11th session of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Team of Specialists on Innovation and Competitiveness, Geneva, Switzerland, 1-2 November 2018.
- Kalyuzhnova, Y. Keynote speaker, Local Content in the Era of Anti-Globalisation, organised by National Agency on Local Content Almaty, Kazakhstan, 27 July 2018.
- Kalyuzhnova, Y. SKOLKOVO Energy Center workshop, The Future of Oil Production in Russia: Life Under Sanctions. The findings were submitted to all relevant Russian ministries and the presidential administration. March 2018.
- Kalyuzhnova, Y. Kazakhstan: Local Content Policy and Extracting Sector Development, joint seminar between the CEAS and the British Institute of Energy Economics, Reading, 24 February 2017. This seminar was dedicated to the local content/capacity development issues and policies in the Republic of Kazakhstan and other resource-rich countries. It was designed with participation of policy-makers from Kazakhstan.
- Kalyuzhnova, Y. Knowledge Transfer to Bolashak Scholars workshop at the CEAS, Reading, 2 March 2016.
- Kalyuzhnova, Y. Promotion of Clean Energy in Resource-Rich Countries: Case Study of Kazakhstan, joint workshop between the CEAS and JSC Economic Research Institute with under the Newton - Al-Farabi Partnership Programme. Astana, Kazakhstan, 17-19 August 2015. The workshop's aim was to serve as a platform to contribute to the discussions on key topics related to the promotion of clean energy resources in Kazakhstan and to connect together early career and established researchers in the UK and Kazakhstan working on energy economics, natural resource economics, renewable energy development etc. The workshop was attended by 50 participants from the UK and Kazakhstan. The purposes of the workshop were to inform the public, decision makers and research community regarding pathways to transition to the green growth in Kazakhstan.
- Kalyuzhnova, Y. Local Content in Kazakhstan - Perceptions of Households keynote paper and special seminar co-hosted by the CEAS and the British-Kazakh Society, House of Lords, London, 15 June, 2011. Special event dissemination of the main results of the work of the CEAS on INSPIRE Project.
- Hosted The Aftermath of the Global Financial Crisis: Elaborations for Europe and Central Asia panel at the Western Economic Association International Conference, San Diego, USA, 30 June 2011.
- Delivering Caspian Energy for Sustainable Development, 13 June 2008 (sponsored by Shell International, supported by the House of Lords).
- Beyond Transition: Emerging Economies in the Global World, 23 June 2006 (sponsored by Burren Energy Plc and Shell International, supported by the House of Lords).
- Hydrocarbon Wealth and Development in Resource Rich Economies, 10 June 2005 (sponsored by Burren Energy Plc, supported by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office).
- Caspian Energy: Present and Future - Renewable Energy, May 2003 (sponsored by Shell International).
- Caspian Energy: Present and Future -Sustainable Development and Social Issues, March 2003 (sponsored by Shell International).
- Caspian Energy: Present and Future - Local Content, January 2003 (sponsored by Shell International).
- The Euro-Asian World - The First Decade of Transition, 2001 (sponsored by Lloyds TSB, ChevronTexaco, the Department for International Development).
- New Diplomatic Initiatives in Euro-Asia, 2000 (sponsored by British Gas International).
- Privatisation in Transitional Economies, 1999 (sponsored by Chase).
- Entering the World Financial Markets: East and Central Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States Countries, 1998.
- Russia, China, Central Asia: From Geo-Politics to Geo-Economics in Euro-Asia, 1998 (sponsored by NM Rothschild and Sons and British Gas International).
- Central Banking in Post-Socialist Economies, 1997 (sponsored by the Bank of England).
- The Post-Soviet World. A Period of Transition, 1996.
These conferences attracted wide interest from the academic community, governmental and non-governmental organisations and businesses operating in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The conferences were attended by 70-100 participants on average and attracted financial and other sponsorship from organisations such as British Gas, Chase Manhattan Bank, NM Rothschild and Sons Ltd, the British Academy, the British Council, the Soros Foundation and Shell International. The academic output of these conferences has been published or is forthcoming in book form, as well as papers in academic journals. CEAS has also a series of weekly seminars on developments in the CIS countries.
The following publications and conference presentations have also been delivered by CEAS visiting members of faculty:
The Economics of European Integration, Pomfret, R. (Harvard University Press, Cambridge MA, 2021).
The Arctic Environmental Responsibility Perceptions Index: a Method to Rank Heterogenous Extractive Industry Companies for Governance Purposes, Tsani, S., Overland, I., Bourmistrov, A., Dale, B., Irlbacher‐Fox, S., Juraev, J., Podgaiskii, E., Stammler, F., Vakulchuk R. and Wilson, E. Business Strategy and the Environment, 30(4), (2021), 1623-1643.
Environmental Kuznets Curve in the Presence of Structural Breaks: New Evidence for Individual European Countries, N. Ketenci, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2021: 1-19.
Why Energy Access Is Not Enough for Choosing Clean Cooking Fuels? Evidence from the Multinomial Logit Model, Kapsalyamova, Z., Mishra, R., Kerimray, A., Karymshakov, K. and Azhgaliyeva, D. Journal of Environmental Management 290, 2021.
Green Islamic Bonds, Azhgaliyeva, D. Asian Development Outlook 2021 Background Paper, 2021.
Financing Infrastructure Using Floating-Interest-Rate Infrastructure Bond, Yoshino, N., Azhgaliyeva, D. and Mishra, R. Journal of Infrastructure, Policy and Development, 4(2): 306–315, 2021.
China's Belt and Road Initiative, the Eurasian Landbridge and the New Mega-Regionalism, Pomfret, R. World Scientific Publishing Company, Singapore, 2020.
Resource Management and Sustainable Development: a Review of the European Water Policies in Accordance with the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals, Tsani, S., Koundouri, P. and Akinsete, E. Environmental Science and Policy, 114(2), 2020, 570-579.
India-Pakistan Strategic Relations: the Nuclear Dilemma, Bluth, C. and Mumtaz, U. Stuttgart: Ibidem Press 2020.
Nuclear Security - Transcending the Policy Objectives of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Regime, Bluth, C. Esfahani, M.K. and Mohammadi, A. (Eds) Nuclear Politics in Asia. The Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series. Routledge: Abingdon, Oxon. 30-47.
Capital Mobility in Latin American and Caribbean Countries: New Evidence From Dynamic Common Correlated Effects Panel Data Modeling, Ketenci, N. and Murthy, V.N.R. Financial Innovation 6(1), 2020: 1-17.
An Overview of Green Bonds Pricing Mechanisms - an Opinion on 'What’s in a Greenium: an Analysis of Pricing Methodologies and Discourse in the Green Bond Market', Azhgaliyeva, D. Journal of Environmental Investing, 10(1): 77-79, 2020.
An Empirical Analysis of Energy Intensity and the Role of Policy Instruments, Azhgaliyeva, D., Liu Y. and Liddle, B. Energy Policy 145, 2020.
Green Bonds for Financing Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in South-East Asia: a Review of Policies, Azhgaliyeva, D., Kapoor, A. and Liu, Y. Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment 10(2): 113-140, 2020.
Introduction to the Special Issue: Scaling Up Green Finance in Asia, Azhgaliyeva, D. and Liddle, B. Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment 10(2): 83-91, 2020.
Implementation of International Norms in Russia: the Case of Higher Education. Vysshee Obrazovanie v Rossii (Higher Education in Russia), Crowley-Vigneau, A., Baykov, A. and Kalyuzhnova, Y., 2020. 29 (8-9). pp39-54. ISSN 0869-3617 doi: https://vovr.elpub.ru/jour/article/view/2393
Alliances at the Service of Hegemony: Deconstruction of the Military Domination Toolbox. Istomin, I. and Baykov, A. (2020). Polis. Political Studies, No6, pp8-25. doi: 10.17976/jpps/2020.06.02.
Shadows of War - Arms Control and the Military Confrontation in Europe During the Cold War, Bluth, C. London: Global Research Publication, London (December 2020).
Security, Culture and Human Rights in South Asia and the Middle East, Bluth, C. London: Global Research Publications, 2019.
The Central Asian Economies in the 21st Century: Paving a New Silk Road, Pomfret, R. Princeton University Press, Princeton, USA, 2019.
Why Does Sharecropping Survive? Agrarian Institutions and Contract Choice in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, Pomfret, R. and Mukhamedova, N. Comparative Economic Studies 61(4), December 2019, 576-97.
Nuclear Energy of Turkey in the Context of the Russian Experience, Ketenci, N. Turkish-Russian Relations: Prospects and Challenges, 2019:9.
Determinants of Economic Growth in Turkey in the Presence of Structural Breaks, Ketenci, N. and Aydoğan, E.T. Sosyoekonomi 27 (42), 2019: 11-28
Energy Storage and Renewable Energy Deployment: Empirical Evidence From Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development Countries, Azhgaliyeva, D. Energy Procedia 158:3647-3651, 2019
International Relations. Science Without Method? Istomin, I., Baykov, A. and Khudoley, K. (2019). International Trends, 17 (2), pp. 63-90. doi: 10.17994/IT.2019.17.2.57.4
Dynamics of International Alliances in an Unbalanced World Structure, Istomin, I., Baykov, A. (2019). World Economy and International Relations, 63 (1), pp. 34-48. doi: 10.20542/0131-2227-2019-63-1-34-48.
'Der Festlandshandel zwischen China und der EU. Welche Möglichkeiten ergeben sich für Zentralasien?' (China-EU Overland Trade. Implications for Central Asia?), Pomfret, R. Zentralasien-Analysen 137, September 2019.
The Eurasian Landbridge and China's Belt and Road Initiative: Demand, Supply of Services, and Public Policy, Pomfret, R. The World Economy 42(6), July 2019, 1642-53.
India and Pakistan: an Analysis of the Conventional Military Strategic Relationship, Bluth, C. and Lee, U.R. International Conference on Economics and Security. 26-28 June, Madrid, Spain. Published online at https://iugm.es/ices2019/
The Eurasian Land Bridge: Linking Regional Value Chains Along the New Silk Road, Pomfret, R. Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society 12(1), March 2019, 45-56.
Common Environment Policies in Different Sustainability Paradigms: Evidence From the Baltic, Adriatic and Black Seas, Tsani, S., Zagonari, F., Mavrikis S. and Koundouri, P. Frontiers in Marine Science, 5, (2018), 1-15.
Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on the Level of Capital Mobility in EU Members, Ketenci, N. Iktisat ve Sosyal Bilimlerde Güncel Araştırmalar 2(2), 2018: 255-280.
Testing the Productivity Bias Hypothesis in Middle East Countries, Halicioglu, F. and Ketenci, N. Journal of Economic Studies, 2018.
Output, Renewable and Non-Renewable Energy Production and International Trade: Evidence from EU-15 Countries, Halicioglu, F. and Ketenci, N. Energy 159, 2018: 995-1002.
The Environmental Kuznets Curve in the Case of Russia, Ketenci, N. Russian Journal of Economics 2018: 4, 249.
Some Determinants of Life Expectancy in the United States: Results from Cointegration Tests Under Structural Breaks, Ketenci, N. and Murthy, V.N.R. Journal of Economics and Finance 2018: 42 (3), 508-525.
Policy Instruments for Renewable Energy: An Empirical Evaluation of Effectiveness, Azhgaliyeva, D., Belitski, M., Kalyuzhnova, Y. and Romanov, M. International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning, 12(1): 24-48, 2018
The Effect of Oil Revenue Funds on Social Welfare, Azhgaliyeva, D. Public Finance Review, 46(4): 692-712, 2018.
Transnational networks and Russia's Environmental Policies, Vigneau, A. and Baykov, A. (2018). International Trends, 16 (4), pp. 137-153. doi: 10.17994/IT.2018.16.4.55.8.
World 2035: Global Forecast, Baykov, A. and Dundich, A. (2018). World Economy and International Relations. 62 (5). pp. 110-116.
The Role of Alliances in Leveraging National Local Content Policies for Firm Competitiveness, Belitski, M., Kalyuzhnova, Y. and Azhgaliyeva, D. International Journal of Strategic Business Alliances 6 (1-2): 69-85, 2017.
International Trade: Theory, Evidence and Policy, Pomfret, R. World Scientific, 2016.