At a glance
- Available to individuals who have successfully completed the Henley Senior Leader Apprenticeship | Leadership and achieved the Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership
- This is the final stage of Henley’s part-time MA Leadership. Includes a module and a leadership study or dissertation addressing leadership challenges
- This programme is subject to approval by the University of Reading
- Subject area(s)
- Business & Management
- £4,950 (10% discount for organisations with more than six on one cohort). These fees are TBC and will be confirmed on approval of this programme by the University of Reading
- Course length
- Approximately 7 months
- Suitable for
- Senior leaders who have completed the Senior Leader Apprenticeship | Leadership and been awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership
This programme is designed to allow individuals to undertake further study and complete additional modules, enabling them to achieve their Henley MA Leadership.
This programme expands on the knowledge, skills and behaviours developed as part of the apprenticeship
You will have the opportunity to research and analyse in more depth a particular leadership challenge as part of your dissertation or leadership study
To progress onto this programme individuals will need to have successfully completed the following:
- Senior Leader Apprenticeship | Leadership including the End-point assessment (EPA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership - This is the post-apprenticeship programme academic assessment. Henley’s academic panel will assess the work-based projects and assignments completed as part of the apprenticeship. Provided these assignments are of the required academic standard, the Postgraduate Diploma will be awarded, and individuals may then progress onto complete the MA Leadership.
Stage 3 of the MA Leadership requires further study and additional fee is £4,950
Developing leadership in the organisation
The final stage of the MA Leadership has two compulsory modules.
This module helps to develop leadership in others. With this end in mind, learners will:
Dr Stephen Simister
The leadership study/dissertation is a major research-based project in which you investigate a significant business problem and recommend solutions.
It will develop and build on key elements of the learning throughout the programme, and apply it within a practical context. Learners should choose a challenge in their own organisation as a basis for their leadership study project.
Dr Caroline Rook
The module or course content descriptions set out on this page are correct for those being taught in the current academic year. Modules or course content marked as optional are indicative and may be subject to change.
For clients wishing to run a closed cohort, we have the flexibility to deliver the programme at locations nationwide. If you do not wish to use your organisation's facilities, we are happy to arrange an alternative teaching venue that may be more convenient for your staff.
Open cohorts are currently taught at our Greenlands campus near Henley-on-Thames. Set in sweeping parkland on the banks of the River Thames, this beautiful campus provides an inspiring and reflective environment for focused work and study.
Why choose Henley?
For over 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders.
Our apprenticeship programmes deliver:
- A high-quality education rooted in the latest business thinking. We are triple-accredited for the quality of our provision
- A direct contribution to business value through learning which focuses on live strategic issues. We work with you to identify the people who will benefit most from the programme and whose participation will have the greatest impact on the organisation
- A blended learning experience - all our apprenticeship programmes feature face-to-face learning*, enhanced and supported by our mobile digital platform. This gives participants access to learning wherever they are and allows the cohort to collaborate outside the classroom
- A flexible approach - in addition to our open cohorts, we offer closed cohorts that can be delivered at locations nationwide* and contextualised to your organisation
- Individual membership of our alumni network, which includes over 80,000 alumni across 150 countries
* Due to COVID-19, face-to-face some workshops are currently delivered live-online.
This programme follows on progression from the Senior Leader Apprenticeship | Leadership and Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership and is subject to approval by the University of Reading.
For more information about Henley’s apprenticeship programmes please contactEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (0)118 378 4030