At a glance
- Learn how to work with teams to improve performance and deliver change at an organisational level
- Understand how to coach a diverse range of teams, including virtual and cross-functional
- Benefit from ongoing feedback, supervision and reflective practice
- Course content explores group dynamics and systemic thinking
- Accredited by the ICF for the Advanced Certification in Team Coaching (ACTC).
- Accredited by EMCC Global (TCQA) - Students can use it towards their Individual Team Coaching Accreditation (ITCA) credential up to Senior Practitioner level.
The Professional Certificate in Team and Systemic Coaching is an advanced executive coaching programme that helps you deliver change at a team and organisational scale.
By experimenting with tools, techniques and approaches, you will gain the skills needed to coach a diverse range of teams and maximise their potential. You will also learn how to work with stakeholders at all levels to deliver a 'ripple effect' across the organisation.
Course content is research-led and explores topics such as group dynamics and systemic thinking and is delivered through workshops, self-study, team coaching practice, and group supervision.
Build your confidence as a team coach and broaden your coaching skills
Gain the skills, knowledge and competencies to coach a diverse range of teams
Raise your self-awareness as a team coach within a system
Develop team awareness
Understand inter-group relationships and the complexities of systems within organisations
Practice team coaching
Gain membership to the Henley Centre for Coaching
You will need 100+ hours of coaching experience with multiple coachees, as an internal or external coach, and to have completed a prior coaching training programme. If you are not accredited by one of the main coaching bodies, evidence of your coaching experience will be requested**.
A minimum of five years’ experience of regularly facilitating teams and groups and/or team leadership using facilitation techniques is also recommended.
The programme is conducted in English. An excellent level of English is therefore essential and proficiency testing may be requested.
** Evidence of coaching experience can be demonstrated through a coaching log or confirmation of coaching hours from an employer (if an internal coach), consultancy, or training provider.
The Professional Certificate in Team and Systemic Coaching typically runs over nine months, part-time. It consists of workshop-based in-person or live-online classroom learning as well as self-directed online study and group supervision sessions.
You will need to undertake a minimum of 35 hours of team coaching practice preferably over 1-2 team coaching engagements outside of the workshops.
A tutor-participant ratio of 1:9 provides you with the opportunity for practice and highly personalised development.
You will be assessed through a short reflective paper of 2500 words and a 45-minute recording of a live team coaching session.
Before your course starts, you will:
In this workshop, you will explore:
In this workshop, you will study and experience:
In this workshop, you will understand:
After Workshop 3, you will follow a programme of virtual study that includes:
Accredited by the ICF for the Advanced Certification in Team Coaching (ACTC) and by EMCC Global (TCQA) for the Individual Team Coaching Accreditation (ITCA) credential up to Senior Practitioner level.
*The module or course content descriptions set out on this page are correct for those being taught in the current academic year. Modules or course content marked as optional are indicative and may be subject to change. Please note, constraints in timetable scheduling may mean you are unable to take some optional modules at the same time as others.
- 10% discount for Henley alumni
This applies to
- Henley Business School alumni*
- University of Reading undergraduate and postgraduate alumni
- where 120+ academic credits have been awarded i.e. Diploma or higher
The Henley Partnership
- 10% discount for THP members
- 50% discount
Henley Business School is pleased to offer up to two discounted places for employees of UK registered charities** on each intake of the Professional Certificate in Team and Systemic Coaching. Places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis, with a maximum of one place per charity on each intake.
Applicants will need to provide:
- Proof of paid employee status of a UK registered charity
- Confirmation that this role is their main employment
- The UK registered charity number
- Confirmation that charity can be invoiced directly
To apply, applicants should complete and return the charity place application form. This form should be provided at the point of application, charity places may not be applied for retrospectively.
Certified B Corporations
- 50% discount
A discounted place on the Professional Certificate in Team and Systemic Coaching is also available to B Corporations. Please contact us to discuss eligibility and availability.
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple bookings are made by applicants from the same organisation. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility***.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
MOD Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme
The Professional Certificate in Team and Systemic Coaching is approved under the MOD's ELC scheme and can be part-funded using Enhanced Learning Credits.
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading), not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Excluding exempt charities.
*** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
Only one discount can apply.
For more information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Set in sweeping parkland on the banks of the River Thames, Henley Business School's Greenlands campus provides an inspiring and reflective environment for focused work and study.
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2023)
(Executive Education 2023: Top 50 combined ranking and school profiles)
(Financial Times Executive Education programme rankings 2022)
The Henley Centre for Coaching
The Henley Centre for Coaching is a global leader in coaching research and coach training. The Centre is home to a wealth of resources, including the National Coaching Resources Centre, and is a proud recipient of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) Coaching Award.
Executive Education at Henley
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.