At a glance
- Build credibility and capability as an HR Business Partner
- Develop your commercial acumen
- Analyse the behaviours, skills and attitudes of an effective HR Business Partner
- Explore your current experience against best practice
- Understand effective approaches to talent and performance management within your organisation
- Subject area(s)
- People & Organisational Change
- £1990 +VAT
- Course length
- 4 x half-day sessions (live-online)
- Suitable for
- New and experienced HR business partners, HR leaders, and consultants and managers working alongside these roles
Effective HR Business Partnering focuses on understanding the HR business partner (HRBP) role and how it is affected by the changing world of work and HR.
The masterclass will help you look at your role in context and understand how to deliver best practice in an increasingly complex area. It covers both the behaviours and skills of business partnering, including the HRBP value proposition; building credibility and trust; partnering attitudes; and developing commercial acumen.
After looking at the fundamentals of business partnering you will further develop your confidence by building your knowledge around topics such as talent, performance, reward, and succession planning.
You will leave having explored your strengths and development needs, providing a strong foundation upon which to continue developing your partnering capability.
To find out more about your stay at Greenlands, read our Visiting Greenlands - COVID 19 safety information page.
Understand how new developments in business, work and HR are changing the HRBP role
Evaluate your current capabilities against industry best practice
Work with a supportive peer group who share similar challenges
Develop the confidence, mindset and strategic capability to be a proactive leader in your organisation
Develop skills relevant to talent and performance management
Standard rate VAT is applicable for UK businesses; overseas businesses based in the EU without a VAT number; and individuals based in the UK, EU or rest of the world.
Henley's People & Organisational Change masterclasses are delivered through the presentation and exploration of key ideas, peer discussion, group learning and case studies. Each masterclass:
- Focuses on organisational context, encouraging you to consider and discuss your own challenges
- Integrates soft skills and practice with theory, helping you develop the confidence and credibility you need to get results back in the workplace
- Gives you immediate practical takeaways such as an action plan aligned with your personal learning objectives
- Provides the opportunity to engage with a supportive peer network
You will look at topics including:
- The future of work and the changing context of HR and the HRBP role
- How to build credibility, capability and trust at a functional and individual level
- Developing business and commercial acumen (linking your role to business outcomes)
- The skills, behaviours and attitudes needed to be an effective HRBP
- Partnering attitudes - group and individual insights
- Development planning and peer coaching
- The changing context of work and talent management
- Talent management strategies
- Running effective talent reviews
- Effective succession planning
- Performance management - practical approaches
- Reward principles
- Talent data and effective use of HR metrics
Programme Director Paul Lambert is a senior HR practitioner with over 25 years of international experience in strategic workforce planning, talent/resource management, and leadership and management development.
The following reductions are available on programmes fees
- 10% for Henley alumni*
- 10% for members of The Henley Partnership
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple open programmes are booked. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility**.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
A 50% discount is available to registered charities.
It is subject to eligibility and available at Henley Business School's discretion**
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading) not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
For more information
Please contact email@example.com
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2022)
(Executive Education 2022: Top 50 combined ranking and school profiles)
(Financial Times Executive Education programme rankings 2022)
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.
You might also like
Leading Change and Organisational Development Masterclass
Develop the skills and mindset needed to lead change within your organisation with this new Leading Change and Organisational Development masterclass.
Organisational Design Masterclass
A masterclass to help you understand how to develop and refine your organisation's design in order to facilitate better business performance.
Strategic Workforce Planning Masterclass
The Strategic Workforce Planning masterclass equips you with the skills to proactively align your workforce with the organisation's current and long-term business plan.