Learn about a career in property, with our three day, fully funded, ONLINE Pathways to Property Summer School
The Summer School is a great chance to get real insight into the property sector – you will develop your knowledge by hearing from Real Estate and Planning Lecturers at Henley Business School, University of Reading, meet key employers in the industry, develop some key skills and meet other participants to work on an exciting group project.
This will be the eighth Pathways to Property Summer School and while it usually takes place on campus at University of Reading, this is unfortunately not possible due to the current impact of the Coronavirus. However, we are excited to deliver the event online, with a mixture of lectures, Q&A sessions, group work and interactive sessions.
Over the three days you will get to:
- Sit in on taster lectures, exploring current themes in property, with the chance to interact with the lecturers and other participants
- Virtually visit various development sites and learn about how they operate
- Take part in a group project, culminating in a group presentation at the end of the course
- Learn about the great career opportunities available from some of the top employers in the industry
- Get to hear from recent graduates and apprentices about their experience of the industry
- Develop key skills needed in the workplace such as networking, presentation skills and confidence
All you will need to take part in the course is a computer/laptop/tablet and a quiet space to focus on the online content.
After successfully completing the online course, if you are keen to learn more about property you can complete a funded work experience placement over half term, have access to our e-mentoring programme, and if you choose to apply to study Real Estate and Planning at the University, can apply for a bursary up to £30,000 over three years.
Who can apply?
The Summer School is open to Year 12 students from a state school/college in the UK.
Places will be offered to those who best meet the following criteria:
- Attend and have always attended a state school or college
- Students from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to Higher Education and/or high levels of socioeconomic deprivation
- Students with no immediate family working in the real estate sector
- Students who have no family experience of university
- Students who have achieved a Grade 6/B or above in Mathematics and English GCSE
- Students who have predicted grades of AAB-BBB A Level or equivalent qualification
The next Summer School will take place online from 20-22 July 2020. Applications are open until 21 June 2020 but early applications are encouraged.
‘Previously I had only thought that Real Estate was just the buying and selling of homes, but the Pathways to Property Summer School amazingly opened my eyes a lot more to the sector- an experience and adventure I greatly enjoyed and will never forget.’