The Strategy Programme
£4,390 + VAT (including residential costs)
Module 1: 3 days
Module 2: 1 day
Building your leadership capabilities…
The Strategy Programme offers you 3 days to kick-start a process of strategic review for your organisation. A follow-up day gives you the opportunity to check implementation progress and maintain momentum.
This short intense strategy programme will help you leverage market insight to find (or maintain) competitive advantage. It builds on academic theory around strategy, engaging you in an intellectual challenge, resulting in immediate practical outputs to drive your business.
…Challenging strategies with market insight
This programme is workshop-style and how-to focused:
- From the pre-work onwards you’ll work on your own business issues
- Critique and develop market-focused strategies
- Use customer expectations to your advantage
- Discuss how strategies can be used to influence the performance of an organisation
- Look at effective implementation
- Create a culture where the people you lead understand how they can make a positive contribution to the business.
Who is The Strategy Programme for?
- All senior-level executives charged with driving value for their organisation
- Directors responsible for creating or implementing strategy within the organisation
- Board members and senior executives who wish to drive their business on commercial reality and facts and who are looking for effective tools and techniques to help them compete.
Henley’s approach: Strategy as a leadership tool
We understand that today’s markets present unique challenges, such as:
- How to think long-term whilst remaining agile to the changing competitive environment
- How to create strategies that “stick” in the organisation
- How to realise opportunities whilst overcoming internal barriers and bottlenecks.
At Henley, strategy is not seen just as a thinking process but more importantly as an essential leadership tool, equipping leaders with the capabilities needed to develop robust strategies and ensure that they can be implemented to achieve the goals of the business.
If you are unable to view the content in the above table please use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Google Chrome.
This programme is underpinned by rigorous research, with delivery always from a practitioner’s point of view.
- Setting the scene - understanding the business environment
- Critiquing a business strategy
- Developing strategy as a leadership tool
- Differentiating goals from strategies
- Using customer expectations to your advantage
- Leveraging market insight to create a competitive strategy
- Successfully focusing the organisation to deliver the strategy
- Action Planning.
Benefit from ongoing contact with Henley Business School through:
- Access to resources from the online learning portal for up to 12 months
- Henley alumni status.
- Demystify strategy (and think about what it isn’t)
- Understand how strategy contributes to employee engagement
- Gain the capability to critique and challenge existing business strategies at the highest level
- Gain new tools and concepts to embed into your organisation
- Receive feedback and insight regarding your own business strategy
- Take time to reflect and plan ahead, with feedback from others
- Build your peer network.
It’s about learning how to gather and consider market insights, for credible strategies you can work with proactively even as market conditions change.
See the Henley Open Programmes brochure for more learning points and outcomes.
For your organisation
Organisations will benefit from leaders that can create and successfully implement strategies to drive an externally-focused organisation where all functions concentrate on building longer-lasting competitive products and services. This translates into a more profitable and sustainable business.
Location and facilities
We pride ourselves on understanding the need to create an environment which is both relaxing and comfortable enabling work and study to be focused and effective. From our unique riverside location to our impressive amenities, we provide an ideal environment for meeting success.
How to find us (PDF-1.15 MB)
Balancing busy work schedules with relaxation and exercise is an important aspect of our approach at Henley. The fully equipped and professionally staffed Fitness Centre with views overlooking the beautiful grounds and River Thames has everything needed to restore a sense of well being.
At our Greenlands site we provide a variety of meeting rooms and conference facilities. Our rooms have been designed with an emphasis on practicality with many of our rooms benefiting from the latest presentation equipment to ensure that your meeting runs smoothly.
The conference rooms at Greenlands, Henley, all feature air conditioning, natural daylight and excellent acoustics, as well as state-of-the-art AV and presentation technology controlled by bluetooth touch screens, free WiFi access, laptop connections, networked PC and large screens. Our larger rooms also have repeater screens. Each conference room has access to dedicated syndicate and break-out rooms and refreshment areas close by. Stationery, flipcharts, photocopying facilities and whiteboards are included as standard.
All syndicate and meeting rooms at Henley are fitted with a large screen, networked PC, whiteboards and have free WiFi access and laptop connections. River House 1-14 are also fitted with Copycam, allowing users to capture whiteboard notes at the touch of a button. Digital recorders, video and stills cameras are also available on request. All are laid out boardroom style.
We have 100 rooms including some with disabled facilities. All rooms are en-suite & include a safe, trouser press, laptop connection with free Wi-Fi access, direct dial telephone, satellite TV with radio, Molton Brown toiletries, tea & coffee making facilities and a hair dryer. Photograph of Thames Court accommodation.
Full English breakfast is served in our main dining room, which overlooks the River Thames. Our dedicated staff maintain the facility 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All guest rooms receive daily housekeeping services.
When it comes to dining, we offer you choice, quality and flexibility. We understand that you also want facilities that are conducive to networking, and dining arrangements that integrate seamlessly with the other aspects of your day. Henley is renowned for both its excellent standards of service and the high quality of cuisine. The chefs and their professional staff are able to offer the sophistication of a memorable evening dinner in the spacious dining room, with its views over the lawns down to the Thames.
Fresh, varied breakfasts are prepared by award-winning chefs and served each morning in the beautiful, riverside restaurant - the Heyworth Room.
Several tea and coffee areas are situated throughout the buildings, the Garden Common Room is situated beside the Heyworth Room and is open throughout the day and evening offering a wide range of Fairtrade drinks and a selection of biscuits. The bar is open each evening serving a full range of drinks.
Henley Conference Centre and Hotel
Set in its own 30 acre estate in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, alongside the River Thames, this magnificent Grade II Listed Building offers excellent conference, meeting and event facilities and provides a spectacular setting for any gathering. For more information about booking our beautiful facilities please visit the Henley Conferences website.
History of Greenlands
Records indicate that there has been a house on our Greenlands site for 500 years, although the house would have originally been much closer to the river.
Greenlands has been home to a series of notable families and individuals throughout its lifetime. These include Thomas Chaucer, son of Geoffrey Chaucer; Robert D'Oyley, Sheriff of Oxfordshire in 1573; Bulstrode Whitelock, Oliver Cromwell's Ambassador to Sweden and most recently WH Smith, who bought the existing house in 1871. Queen Elizabeth I is also known to have visited on more than one occasion, most likely when staying at her royal palace in Reading.
The site became the home of a new Administrative Staff College in 1946, first welcoming students in 1948. In 1952, after the unexpected death of Viscount Hambleden from whom the College leased the site, an opportunity to purchase Greenlands' 30 acres arose. The College was renamed Henley Management College in 1991, and following the 2008 merger with the University of Reading became Henley Business School. Today, the world-ranked Henley MBA, The Henley DBA and our executive education programmes are delivered at Greenlands.
Points of view
- Converting the natural conflict that exists in organisations into successful strategies
- Strategy as a leadership tool
- Strategy with a wide-angle lens: Dealing with uncertainty and disruption
- Business strategies for the new normal
- The building blocks of a successful sales strategy
- Jeff Callender, Director of The Strategy Programme, discusses how to simplify strategy at a masterclass
- Executive Education lands top positions in Financial Times world ranking 2018
- Henley Corporate Learning Survey 2017
Offers & Discounts
- 10% discount on programme fee for Henley alumni
- 10% reduction on the programme fee for members of The Henley Partnership
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When booking multiple open programmes which are paid for upfront, the following discount structure applies:
2-4 people = 10% reduction
5-9 people = 15% reduction
10+ people = 20% reduction
A 50% discount is available to employees of registered charities - please note that the discount is applied at Henley Business School's discretion and to confirm eligibility please contact email@example.com
Please note: Only one discount can apply.
One-day HR Masterclasses do not qualify for this multiple bookings fee reduction.
All offers & discounts will be displayed here when available.
The Henley Experience
Helping you become exceptional is at the heart of everything we do. The Henley Experience is highly practical, collaborative and academically rigorous. We develop confident leaders and professionals who are able to take a fresh perspective and have the energy, capability and resilience to ensure that they and their organisations are successful.
THE HENLEY EXPERIENCE:
- Rigour & relevance
The Henley Experience is much more than a set of principles. It is ingrained in our spirit and fundamental to our purpose and heritage, characterising the way we can help you to deliver exceptional performance.
We engage with you at the deepest level, fostering a shared spirit of curiosity, exploration, investigation and learning. We collaborate with you in order to challenge assumptions and mindsets, and get to the heart of the real business issues you face.
By creating a safe environment that promotes self-reflection, you are able to ask yourself those crucial questions that allow you to learn more about what informs your strategic business decisions and actions.
We work closely with you to diagnose your strategic individual and organisational aims. We then identify programmes that are best aligned to these goals, or we can co-evolve a learning design specifically aimed at achieving these strategic outcomes.
RIGOUR & RELEVANCE
We draw on world-class research and originate leading-edge thinking – but theory remains theory unless it is applied to real-world business. All of our programmes are delivered by experienced faculty who integrate academic rigour with commercial application. What you learn translates into business results.
Our customers rely on our long history and global reputation for successful executive development. These strengths underlie our responsible and collaborative way of working with you to co-create the very best executive learning experiences and commercial outcomes.
At Henley we know we cannot just be exceptional – we are here to help you become exceptional.