At a glance
- Develop key supervision skills through exploration, practise and feedback
- Try working with different supervision models
- Deepen your own reflective practice
- Be challenged to consider who you are as a coach and a coach supervisor
- In person programme, with additional online sessions
- Provides a route to EMCC accreditation as a Coaching Supervisor
- Subject area(s)
- £5,750 (excludes residential cost)
- Course length
- 9 months
- Suitable for
- Internal or external coaches or mentors with a minimum of 100 hours coach/mentor practice.
The Professional Certificate in Supervision is a programme where you learn by doing. You will engage in reflective practice throughout. You will be required to undertake coaching supervision during the course, and reflect on your learning. This will be supported by core content which will incorporate key supervision models and frameworks for working with individuals and groups. The approach adopted is one of an adult learning community and we aim to create a psychologically safe learning space where we can all learn together.
The programme is EMCC accredited and provides 35 ICF CCE credits (25 core competencies and 10 resource development).
To find out more about your stay at Greenlands, read our Visiting Greenlands - COVID 19 safety information page.
Improve and expand your skills as a coaching supervisor
Learn how to employ new models of coaching supervision
Understand how to work with individuals and groups
Become more confident and capable as a supervisor
Build a network in coaching supervision
You will need 100+ hours of coaching experience with multiple coachees, as an internal or external coach. If you are not accredited by one of the main coaching bodies, evidence of your coaching experience will be requested**.
An excellent level of English is essential and proficiency testing may be requested.
** Evidence of coaching experience can be demonstrated through a coaching log or confirmation of coaching hours from an employer (if an internal coach), consultancy, or training provider.
The programme is taught through in-person workshops and live webinars. You will also have access to an online learning platform.
Initial pre-programme reflection will be followed by:
Your ‘Self’ in the Relationship
As the main instrument of the coaching supervision practice this workshop will focus on your ‘self ‘ in the relationship and self-awareness. This workshop will also explore power in supervision and the EMCC competencies in detail.
Working with Groups & Individuals in Supervision
This workshop will include reflection on practice, key supervision models, and exploration of working with groups.
Integration – you as a Supervisor
In this session you will integrate your learning into your practice and observed practice.
You will be supported with continued learning through a live webinar on using the body in coaching supervision; and two supervision-on-supervision sessions.
*The module or course content descriptions set out on this page are correct for those being taught in the current academic year. Modules or course content marked as optional are indicative and may be subject to change. Please note, constraints in timetable scheduling may mean you are unable to take some optional modules at the same time as others.
Set in sweeping parkland on the banks of the River Thames, Henley Business School's Greenlands campus provides an inspiring and reflective environment for focused work and study.
- 10% discount for Henley / University of Reading alumni
This applies to
- Henley Business School alumni*
- University of Reading undergraduate and postgraduate alumni
(Where 120+ academic credits have been awarded).
In addition, the following discounts are offered for the November 2022 intake only
- 10% discount for alumni of the Henley Professional Certificate in (Executive) Coaching
- 10% discount for alumni of the Henley Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching
- 15% discount for alumni of the Henley MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change
The Henley Partnership
- 10% discount for THP members
- 50% discount
Henley Business School is pleased to offer one discounted place for employees of UK registered charities on each intake of the Professional Certificate in Supervision. Places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Applicants will need to provide:
- Proof of paid employee status of a UK registered charity
- Confirmation that this role is their main employment
- The UK registered charity number
- Confirmation that charity can be invoiced directly
To apply, applicants should complete and return the charity place application form. This form should be provided at the point of application, charity places may not be applied for retrospectively.
Certified B Corporations
- 50% discount
A discounted place on the Professional Certificate in Supervision is also available to B Corporations. Please contact us to discuss eligibility and availability.
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple bookings are made by applicants from the same organisation. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility**.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading), not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
Only one discount can apply.
For more information
Please contact email@example.com
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2022)
(Executive Education 2022: Top 50 combined ranking and school profiles)
(Financial Times Executive Education programme rankings 2022)
The Henley Centre for Coaching
The Henley Centre for Coaching is a global leader in coaching research and coach training. The Centre is home to a wealth of resources, including the National Coaching Resources Centre, and is a proud recipient of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) Coaching Award.
Executive Education at Henley
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.
You might also like
Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching
The Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching is a triple-accredited, part-time course that empowers you to develop and practise key coaching skills.
Leader as Coach
Grow your leadership capability by understanding and practising the fundamentals of coaching. Discover the power of coaching conversations to develop staff and enhance performance
Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching
Enable lasting organisational change by strengthening team relationships and processes with the Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching.