At a glance
- Learn how to work with teams to improve performance and deliver change at an organisational level
- Understand how to coach a diverse range of teams, including virtual and cross-functional
- Benefit from ongoing feedback, mentoring and supervision
- Course content is driven by the latest research on group dynamics and systemic thinking
- Follow a programme that is accredited by the ICF (through the Henley ACTP programme*) and EMCC
- Subject area(s)
- £6,250 (live-online) / £6,750 (in-person, excluding accommodation) - VAT exempt
- Course length
- 9 months
- Suitable for
- Experienced coaches, team leaders and consultants
- Next start date
- 7 October 2021
- Greenlands campus, Online
The Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching is an advanced executive coaching programme that helps you deliver change at a team and organisational scale. It is accredited by the International Coaching Federation (through the Henley ACTP programme*) as well as the European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
By experimenting with tools, techniques and approaches, you will gain the skills needed to coach a diverse range of teams and maximise their potential. You will also learn how to work with stakeholders at all levels to deliver a 'ripple effect' across the organisation.
Course content draws from the latest research on topics such as group dynamics and systemic thinking and is delivered through workshops, self-study, team coaching practice, and individual and group mentoring.
* The Henley Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching is accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and designed to form part two of the Henley Approved Coach Training Programme (ACTP), the Henley Postgraduate Certificate in Executive and Team Coaching, with part one being the Henley Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching.
To find out more about your stay at Greenlands, read our Visit with confidence - COVID 19 safety information page.
Gain the skills, knowledge and competencies to coach a diverse range of teams
Improve your credibility as a professional coach
Understand inter-group relationships and the complexities of systems within organisations
Gain membership to the Henley Centre for Coaching
You will need 100+ hours of coaching experience with multiple coachees, as an internal or external coach. If you are not accredited by one of the main coaching bodies, evidence of your coaching experience will be requested**.
A minimum of five years’ experience of regularly facilitating teams and groups and/or team leadership using facilitation techniques is also recommended.
An excellent level of English is essential and proficiency testing may be requested.
** Evidence of coaching experience can be demonstrated through a coaching log or confirmation of coaching hours from an employer (if an internal coach), consultancy, or training provider.
NOTE: In-person delivery will take place in accordance with, and subject to, the latest government guidance and measures put in place by the University of Reading.
|Course fee:||£6,250 (live-online) / £6,750 (in-person, excluding accommodation) - VAT exempt|
|Suitable for:||Experienced coaches, team leaders and consultants|
Available start dates
|Workshop 1||7 October 2021||8 October 2021|
|Workshop 2||10 November 2021||12 November 2021|
|Workshop 3||15 December 2021||17 December 2021|
|Workshop 1||12 May 2022||13 May 2022|
|Workshop 2||8 June 2022||10 June 2022|
|Workshop 3||13 July 2022||15 July 2022|
The Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching typically runs over nine months, part-time. It consists of eight days of workshop-based classroom learning as well as self-directed online study, mentor coaching and supervision sessions.
You will need to undertake a minimum of 50 hours of team coaching practice outside of the workshops and online learning.
A tutor-participant ratio of 1:9 provides you with the opportunity for practice and highly personalised development.
You will be assessed through a short reflective paper of 1500 words and a 40-minute recording of a live coaching session.
Before your course starts, you will:
In this workshop, you will explore:
In this workshop, you will examine:
You will also develop:
In this workshop, you will understand:
You will also participate in a virtual team coaching exercise and simulation.
Learn from expert faculty
You will learn from leading thinkers in the field:
- Peter Hawkins and David Clutterbuck, who have both written about teams and systems
- Andrew Kakabadse, an internationally recognised expert in boards and board governance
- Paul J Barbour and Lucy Widdowson, authors and team coaches
- Jonathan Passmore, award winning executive coach, author and technical advisor on team coaching.
The Henley Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching is accredited by the ICF (through the Henley ACTP programme) and the EMCC.
The programme is designed to form part two of the Henley Approved Coach Training Programme (ACTP), the Henley Postgraduate Certificate in Executive and Team Coaching, with part one being the Henley Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching.
For coaches who have previously completed an ICF Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) programme elsewhere, it can be studied in addition to that to form part of the requirements for the ICF ACTP. For more information visit: https://www.coachfederation.or...
The module or course content descriptions set out on this page are correct for those being taught in the current academic year. Modules or course content marked as optional are indicative and may be subject to change.
- 10% discount for Henley alumni
This applies to
- Henley Business School alumni*
- University of Reading undergraduate and postgraduate alumni
(Where 120 plus credits have been awarded).
The Henley Partnership
- 10% discount for THP members
- 50% discount
Henley Business School is pleased to offer up to two discounted places for employees of UK registered charities on each intake of the Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching. Places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis, with a maximum of one place per charity on each intake.
Applicants will need to provide:
- Proof of paid employee status of a UK registered charity
- Confirmation that this role is their main employment
- The UK registered charity number
- Confirmation that charity can be invoiced directly
To apply, applicants should complete and return the charity place application form. This form should be provided at the point of application, charity places may not be applied for retrospectively.
Certified B Corporations
- 50% discount
A discounted place on the Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching is also available to B Corporations. Please contact us to discuss eligibility and availability.
The following discount is available on programme fees when multiple bookings are made by applicants from the same organisation. Payment is required in advance and this offer is subject to eligibility**.
- 10% 2-4 people
- 15% 5-9 people
- 20% 10+ people
* Alumni discount is available to Henley Business School alumni (as part of University of Reading), not to graduates of Henley Management College.
** Please contact us for eligibility criteria, availability and terms.
Only one discount can apply.
For more information
Please contact email@example.com
Set in sweeping parkland on the banks of the River Thames, Henley Business School's Greenlands campus provides an inspiring and reflective environment for focused work and study.
Why choose Henley?
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2020)
(Financial Times Executive Education 2020 - The Top 50 Schools [combining Custom and Open programmes ranking])
(Financial Times Executive Education open enrolment programmes rankings 2020)
The Henley Centre for Coaching
The Henley Centre for Coaching is a global leader in coaching research and coach training. The Centre is home to a wealth of resources, including the National Coaching Resources Centre, and is a proud recipient of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) Coaching Award.
Executive Education at Henley
For 75 years, Henley Business School has developed confident and resilient business leaders. Executive Education at Henley is:
- Practical: we combine academic rigour with a strong practical focus, so you can immediately apply what you have learned back in your organisation.
- Relevant: Henley faculty are experienced practitioners who can support you in exploring solutions to your organisation’s challenges.
- Collaborative: Open programmes enable you to expand your network, gain new perspectives and share ideas with peers from a range of backgrounds and sectors.
- Personal: deliberately small learning groups allow you to benefit from individual attention and a confidential environment. We encourage you to understand your unique strengths, leadership style, and areas for development.
Debashish, Vice President of Human Resources, Africa Eurasia Division, Colgate Palmolive Company, explains how the MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change stretched his comfort zone and influenced his leadership style.
Danielle is the former Head of Talent Acquisition & Development at Williams F1. She explains how the MSc in Coaching & Behavioural Change took her on a personal journey and inspired her to become a freelance HR and coaching consultant.