Henley Greenshoots Seed Finance Award Scheme
Greenshoots is targeted at businesses recently launched by students and graduates of the University of Reading, including the Henley Business School. Particular interest is sought from businesses that have occupied either the Henley Start-Up Business Incubator or the Entrepreneurship Hub and those who have previously participated in the IDEAFEST Student Business Idea Competition and the Henley Summer Start-Up Boot Camp that have gone on to start a business.
The businesses chosen to receive the Greenshoots funding for 2021 were as follows:
Digital Story Universe
To be eligible for Greenshoots funding, businesses must be incorporated at/after 1 August 2018 and meet the eligibility criteria as more specifically described below:
- Entrants must be students or graduates of the University of Reading or Henley Business School - graduates must have graduated in 2020 or later
- Entrants can be individuals or teams
- Entrants must be permanent UK residents or, in the case of non-EEA students or graduates, hold an appropriate visa and have been living in the UK for the duration of their University of Reading or Henley Business School studies
- Start-up must be registered as a trading company in the UK
- All entrants must be at least 18 years old
- Entrants must own a majority share (>50%) in the start-up
- Students who set up businesses as a result of their course (e.g. BA Entrepreneurship) or module (e.g Applied Entrepreneurship) are eligible
- HCfE reserves the right to check the personal details provided by the entrants on entry to make sure that you meet the awards eligibility criteria
- Previous recipients of a Greenshoots award are ineligible
Greenshoots is sponsored and supported by Santander.